• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Friday, June 19 2020 (posted on 00:08:26 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just know those barrows boys are laughin at me

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    When I was young and getting lost on my way to Falador.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    The Revenant Caves are among the shadiest places in all of OSRS and Jagex is doing nothing about it. Paid protection needs to be looked at.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Let me preface this post by saying that I actually like the idea of revenant caves. In fact I visit them fairly often if I want some money from decent drops.

    My interest in the revenant caves grew when the Wilderness weapons came out. The weapons have dropped in price now, but I spent hours and hours in the revenant caves and got pk'd many times. It was fun. Sure dying is annoying, but that's part of the risk you take. However, now the revenant caves have changed completely. Every world is littered with Venezuelans who obviously farm the revenants to RWT.

    About a week ago I visited the Revenant Caves again and I was competing for some monsters with other people there. Suddenly I got attacked by someone who was clearly just aiming for me. The other people there were just minding their own business, not being worried at all about getting pk'd. Yet this guy was just focused on me. It was then clear to me that I was probably in some sort of paid-protection world and since I don't pay for protection, I get focused.

    I feel that the shift happened from the moment it was known that being skulled increases your chances of obtaining a Wilderness weapon. Suddenly a ton more people started to kill revenants while being skulled. I'm not against PKers being in the revenant caves, but I do hate the fact that it's an organized paid service now. It really feels that if I want to do revenant caves, I first have to make an appointment with this shady clan, make a deal, and then farm mobs. This is ridiculous.

    It's not about "oh just get a clan of your own and battle them."That's the thing, I'm not there to fight PKers. In fact, I avoid them. But if the meta of the revenant caves is basically "pay someone, otherwise GTFO", that's ruining the entire idea of revenant caves.

    submitted by /u/Lovoskea
    [link] [comments]

    Hajedy's Trajedy - A new endgame PvM experience!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    [Animation] Runescape animation I worked on last year but didn't get around to finishing

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Interesting trademark registrations yesterday by Jagex

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    My best appeal

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    You'll never break my Iron spirit

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Freedom!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Created my first account 14 years ago, and today got my first 99 at the same place where it all began. Feels good!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    Ready to Start the Elysian Hunt on my Melee Only Ironman!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Just dont brush then?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    I LOST MY RUNE PLATELEGS!@#

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    Not quite like that onyx but still, what the heck?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    I can't wait to do Heroes' Quest...never mind

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    Found my drawing from 2007 of the swag I could only dream of as a kid.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    [Suggestion] Can we get an option to change the mobile interface to this?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    F

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Shoutout to all the Nice and Helpful Non-Toxic Veterans

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Got my first pet tonight! 801kc

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    What is with the sudden influx of players demanding higher XP rates?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Where are all these players coming from? Why are they all suddenly posting now? And why do they all regurgitate the same shitty reasoning that maxing their account is somehow a requirement to continuing their life?!!

    For the love of god explain to me how XP rates directly correlate to you having a social life.

    Gratification/stimulus creep is a very real thing in modern gaming. There is nothing inherently wrong with a game that you can play long term off and on. A game where you can always log in and still make SOME progress. An MMORPG if you will...

    I genuinely think a lot of OSRS players have problems IRL they transfer in-game that they somehow try to solve with the idea of maxing. This arbitrary checkmark isn't going to make everything better.

    The grind is part of the DESIGN of the game at it's core and is a actually a huge part of OSRS's charm and what makes it successful.

    submitted by /u/Zealous_Zucchini
    [link] [comments]

    So.. any news on the Arceuus Spellbook change? Or is it completely scrapped?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Suggestion: Add T-Rex game agility course. Let me have at least some fun leveling agility

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment