• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Saturday, June 20 2020 (posted on 00:08:08 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    500K Subscriber Event: The Kings Chronicle Announcement and Signup!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    Hear ye! Hear ye! Brave adventurers of 2007Scape. King Roald the Third is in need of your help. He is looking for multiple teams of two adventurers to scour the lands in search of various relics of power and mystery and hes willing offer a mighty sum to the first teams that can complete his quests.


    To celebrate /r/2007scape hitting 500,000 subscribers and with the help of our fantastic J-mods we are launching 2007scapes first ever bingo event: the Kings Chronicle!

    What is the Kings Chronicle

    Basically its a 4x4 bingo board with a fancy name. You and a partner will race other teams of two in order to complete two quests set forth by King Roald.

    The first quest is the easier of the two and all it requires you to do is be the first team to complete a horizontal vertical or diagonal line on the board.

    The second quest is to 'blackout' the board by being the first team to obtain every single drop on the Kings Chronicle.

    What if i don't have a partner?

    When you sign up via the google form below you will have the choice to sign up as a team or as an individual. If you sign up as an individual you will be assigned to a random player with a similar timezone.

    A list of all teams will be posted up before the event, if you sign up as a solo player you will be given a random team name prior to the post being released

    Where can i find more information?

    To cut down this post being a few words shy of a novel, we have created a full info graphic with all the needed information, including the board, how to submit your drops and the rewards themselves!

    Click here to check out the infographic

    How do i sign up?

    To sign up please click here and fill out the Google Form. Signups will close on 1st of July so make sure your application is in before then

    Other than that, we wish you the best of luck on your quest and thanks for all your continued support on the subreddit :)

    submitted by /u/xalchs
    [link] [comments]

    mage phase bad

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    Replace the slayer gem in the skill guide with each master’s respective chat head

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Nieve is the reason I work out.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    Nieve is the reason I work out.

    I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Tree Gnome Stronghold Slayer Party. We exchange a few pleasantries. She asks what I do. I say I loved her on Monkey Madness II She laughs. I get my Wizard's mind bomb.

    "Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got her attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Nieve? She touches her neck as she watches me leave.

    Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists gnomes grows increasingly loose, she finds me on the balcony, my Adamant platebody (t) undone, smoking a Clean Marrentil.

    "Got a spare?" she asks.

    "What's in it for me?" I say as I hand her one of my little white tinderboxes. She smiles.

    "Conversation with me, duh."

    I laugh.

    "What's so funny?" she protests.

    "Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the slayer monsters?"

    "You get used to it," she says, lighting her Grimy Lantadyme and handing me back the tinderbox.

    "What would you do if you weren't a Slayer master?" I ask.

    "Teaching, I think."

    "And if I was your student, what would I be learning?"

    "Discipline," she says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?"

    "Zeah" I say.

    "Oh wow. That's lovely."

    "It's OK," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking."

    "What could possibly be not to your liking in Zeah?" she inquires.

    "I don't like sand crabs," I tell her. "They're crowded and irritating, I get crashed everywhere"

    submitted by /u/Ateneans
    [link] [comments]

    I have been trying to compete with these protection paid pvm clans, and they have 2 player moderators repeatedly muting me ingame so I can't

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    [To preface, BOTH of the player moderators are paid protectors of the clan chat]

    I've been attacking the 1750/2000 skill total paid pvmer worlds (CC: 2k Total Rev), and trying to compete with their protection service.

    I keep getting muted by their player mods "Silv Fan Acc' and 'Prodbrokefel', and now I received an official mute from jagex becuase they've muted me so many times.

    They keep telling me I'm offering a fake service even though I've NEVER taken any payments from anybody. I started advertising an "off" service for pvmers to not get attacked by my clan, so that we can get some revenue to deal with their rag protection gear (I HAVEN'T YET TAKEN ANY PAYMENTS). They keep framing me for offering a fake service and muting me because of the RSN i chose to take over their worlds, and they also say they are the protection clan for those worlds, so anything I say about trying to start a service is fake.

    It's unpopular on reddit for sure, but advertising a paid "off" is common for clans/protection clans (e.g - skulled revs/sr paid rush worlds and spam "50m for off" and a discord handle).

    The most annoying is that they punishing me for competing, when they are the rulebreaker. Their 2 leaders (unluckyasfk and sgs_flamess) were both banned 2 days ago for RWT.

    my RSN: 1750 Revs cc

    some pictures:

    they keep taunting me after muting me, because i can't speak back...

    https://imgur.com/hRBP60l

    also they say I'm a scammer by having my rsn, because they are "the official cc for that world" (again, i've never taken any payments).

    https://imgur.com/fxGxNWE

    I've been muted about 10 times by these mods, and I'm not sure where else to report them for abuse of power.

    submitted by /u/EHPDavid
    [link] [comments]

    [Suggestion] Let us drink the Shrink-me-quick from Grim Tales so we can fight the Rat Behemoth and get spices ourselves

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Inferno Gang

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    This is why you don't help beggars at G.E...

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    Add a bonus for Dragons and Demons in the Target-Specific box

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    Shoutout to Jagex, commission staker permed live on stream yet again!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    [Suggestion] Penance queen transmogs

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    My girlfriend of 3 years gave me an ultimatum, if I didn't quit OSRS then she would just up and leave me, she's tired of me cancelling plans and talking about nothing but "grinding out elite diaries". Need some serious advice please.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    So for farming KQ for the head for desert elite, how much value does DWH actually have?

    I'm thinking of griding 90 slayer for kourend elite so I can have enough money to buy the DWH for the KQ grind, but I'm not sure how much time it would actually save me.

    Any advice? Serious question

    submitted by /u/myshinyerectiom
    [link] [comments]

    I am the lightning rod of bad RNG. I go dry so others may be fed by silver spoons.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Everyone gets a Rocky!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    Just started playing! (a couple days ago actually :V)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    I just recently started playing the game and i'm loving everything about it, from the blocky graphics to the memes on the subreddit. As a (almost) 33yo guy who grew up in the "old mmos" era (my first one was UO, but DaoC is where i've spent thousands of hours - Hibernia rules!) I instantly fell in love with the "retro" mood of the game which brings me back to an age where i didn't care for having the best equip or rushing to the highest ranks (all I did after the tutorial was A SINGLE quest followed by hours or messing around with the environment). Anyway, this thread probably serves no other purpose than saying hello to the community. Sorry for any mistakes (english is not my main language) and see you around!

    submitted by /u/Kjoene
    [link] [comments]

    Crafting cape provides tee to crafting guild, farming cape to farming guild, construction cape to POH etc.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    But the wc cape, one of the more useless in the game, only gives a 1% increase in birds nest drops? Please let it teleport us to the wc guild, please.

    submitted by /u/lemmnnaa
    [link] [comments]

    I suck at 3-tick hunter...

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    Finally got my quest cape after doing Monkey Madness 2, Dragon Slayer 2 and Song of the Elves on the same day

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    Just realized the symbol on top of the SotD/Necrovarus' staff is the Ectofuntus, and the transparency mimics the glow effect coming from it

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    Ironman luck is a thing...

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Suggestion: Give The Lumbridge Guide a pair of stonking great norks

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    Friendly reminder that a bottle of yellow liquid is still better than the Amulet of Blood Fury.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    Cost analysis of using Piety during slayer tasks (aka how I learned to stop stressing and start chugging restores)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Been curious about whether or not it's actually efficient to leave on Piety (and in general, offensive prayers) during afk slayer tasks, so I finally did the actual cost analysis and was pleasantly surprised. Dunno if this is obvious to other players or not, but I've seen more than one comment recently about people not wanting to chug prayer pots during slayer to save money. For this post, I:

    • Assumed a super standard lategame melee setup vs abby demons, such as this one which is max strength gear apart from infernal cape + avernic. Also assumed that the player just camps expeditious bracelets, pretty sure the overall result doesn't change if you use ferocious gloves instead
    • Used bitterkoekje/koekenpan's updated DPS calculator for this
    • Mainly wanted to figure out if it's cost efficient to leave piety on for a typical (non-iron) player, ignoring most other factors. Let's not get into a discussion about how it's not efficient to afk melee abby demons in the first place. Sometimes I just wanna hit stuff and watch Netflix, but I also still wanna be kinda efficient while doing so.

     


     

    Anyway, let's assume that setup I posted, and that you're doing an Abyssal Demon task of about 100 (I dunno, account for expeditious bracelets). According to the DPS calculator, Piety is roughly a 27% DPS boost under these conditions. It takes roughly 18.0 seconds to kill an Abyssal Demon with Piety on, and roughly 22.5 seconds without any offensive prayer.

    Ignoring protection prayers, Piety alone goes through 32.45 prayer points / minute. Killing 100 abyssal demons at 18 seconds each translates to 30 minutes total, or 973.5 prayer points spent maintaining Piety.

    Let's assume the player has 80 prayer, which is fairly modest for a late-game account. They'll need to recover around 900 prayer points total over the course of the task, since they start at full prayer. With a Holy Wrench, each sip of super restore heals 29 prayer, so it takes roughly 31 sips or 7.7 full super restores to last the task. With super restores being around 10k each right now, piety more or less adds 80k worth of supply costs to the task.

     

    If piety saves 4.5 seconds per kill and we're assuming our task is about 100 kills, piety will save around 7.5 minutes. That more or less means that if we can make back that 80k in those 7.5 minutes, piety pays for itself and then some. This translates to being able to make 640k/hr, which most accounts at this stage of the game should be able to do.

    There's definitely other calculations you can run involving other offensive prayers, different melee stats/gear, proselyte instead of max strength, etc - but overall the threshold of 640k/hr is low enough that piety should still pay for itself in every one of these setups.

    There's also great reasons to not use piety during some things. For instance, maybe you're learning Demonic Gorillas and it's easier to keep everything under control if you ignore offensive prayers. Maybe I don't want to use my extra time to do an active moneymaker like Vorkath, and would just like my tasks to be as afk as possible without feeling obligated to make that money back. At the end of the day, you should play how you prefer. This post is mainly because I wasn't positive how much Piety actually cost me for the time it saved, and I wanted to figure it out.

     

    TL;DR - Piety (and by extension Rigour) are probably worth leaving on during most PvM, even if it's something super afk like Abyssal Demons. Piety "costs" somewhere in the ballpark of 600k-700k gp/hr to maintain, and gets cheaper the higher your prayer is.

    submitted by /u/JebusMcAzn
    [link] [comments]

    So my brother and I got crashed at Bandos by a guy who clearly "earnt" his Infernal Cape. They were taunting with emotes etc. Enjoy!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    m'rock

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    So I finally got around to doing Mournings End Part II... honestly enjoyed the quest until that agility section

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment