• Breaking News

    Monday, August 16, 2021

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Welcome to the daily /r/2007scape question thread!

    You can ask anything about Old School RuneScape here. They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Keep in mind that this is not a developer Q&A thread - questions for the game developers should be posted in the weekly developer Q&A posts.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Deadman: Reborn - Updated Blog (V3)

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 09:57 AM PDT

    Well... RIP RNG

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    Would it be against the rules to abuse a bug to get an Infernal Cape? A sketch for my idea.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 12:01 AM PDT

    Hespori World Record 18.6 Seconds

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    Finally got the Callisto Cub after 6 years and 14221 Kills (rank 2)!! Massive loot tab & everything you need to know about grinding the boss!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    Today I finally got my Callisto Cub! The final kc was 14221, over 7x the drop rate. I was 19 kills off the driest ever (u/shewdoh keeps his record) and 56 kills off rank 1.

    https://i.imgur.com/lj7nQdC.png

    In total I received 17 Tyrannical Rings, 81 Dragon pickaxes and 53 D2Hs, however I have 2500 Venenatics KC and some of the picks/2hs are from there so its considerably less Pretty unlucky overall.

    https://i.imgur.com/ljaoZVh.png

    The total loot comes out to about 1.1b, however I sold everything when I was first doing it. The tab is from roughly 11000 kills and totals 886m, I believe I started it when I had 3000 killcount. Loot tab does not include blood runes (as they went in my scythe) or coins as they got lost in the stack. Some drops are inflated as they come from other places too (a lot of ranarr seeds from implings) and stuff like runes come from slayer or I already had some.

    https://i.imgur.com/FDljhQy.png

    I first started going with friends, probably over 6 years ago when the pet first came out. We did maybe 1000 kills in multi, 400 of which were mine but never got the pet. After the south-eastern safespot was discovered, I started going solo, using an alt to lure the bear on one world and killing it with my main on another. This method is fantastic and I would recommend to anyone hunting the pet - not only do you not risk going into multi on your main, you also speed up kills massively. It's probably 35 kills an hour if you aren't interrupted.

    At 5000KC I joined a protection CC, which I would highly recommend to anyone going for the pet. They will protect you in the wilderness from any pkers. It not only speeds up your kills a lot, as you're not constantly interrupted and can risk better gear, it's actually so much fun calling for help and moments later a load of beasts turn up and destroy the poor kid who thought you were easy loot. I was also encouraged by them to anti PK which was good fun too - I started bringing a ballista and either claws or an AGS along with vengeance and was able to get quite a lot of kills, even killing one person for an AGS. I've never pked before and it gave me a new found appreciation for PVP. The pkers in the protection CC are really good, you are definitely in safe hands with them, and it's exceptionally well run. I would estimate they killed 30+ people who hit me for 'Max' (which is barrows, serp, ags, TSOTD etc) and hundreds more for lesser gear. Probably 500m+ in total was pked. I pretty much only play at European peak time, so there were almost always a lot of protectors online. If anyone's interested in protection, you can get in touch with the leader on discord: 'holdthis_L#7700'. Having protection really did turn Callisto from hell to a grind I genuinely enjoyed. By the end, the best bit was when I got attacked - anything to break up the monotony! I'm sure they will get some negative comments here but I can't speak highly enough of them. They offered me splits on PKs when I baited the pker, and I even won 12.5m back in a curved bone competition they held for the PVMers. It's nice being in a community with other people going for the same goal.

    This is the setup I use on my main:

    https://i.imgur.com/pPcyIYD.png

    If you're not going to anti, switch out the Claws for a torture, veng and ballista for 2 more fish (10 brews is enough to tank a 5 minute tb 9 times out of 10). Infernal is parched, (so is Avernic but its protected anyway). Switch for fire cape or Ardy 4 if you like. Make sure to use Vigorras on stab!! I also pre pot Divine Super combat, angler, stamina, tele up with the wildy sword, charge ring if needed (then drop it to make room to weild the Dhins) and run down through a couple levels of multi hovering logout.

    This is the setup for the alt:

    https://i.imgur.com/XAA3hWX.png

    Lure to the safespot (theres plenty of youtube guides) then cast vulnerability until it lands, then spec/whack with the BGS. It's rare, but you can do over half the damage if you're having a slow kill on the main so keep an eye on it.

    In total I died 8 times after switching to the safespot. I risked ~4m (and whatever was in the looting bag) a time but got smited for a bulwark once and lost a d pick once too. 2 deaths were due to disconnecting the moment pkers arrived - just unlucky I guess. One time I tanked a streamer and his massive team for about 20 ags/claw specs, made it to green dragons with plenty of food left on a half tb and accidentally went into multi. Oops. One death I got greedy and stayed with no restores left. A team hit me and I managed to get to dragons, but with no food, prayer and massively brewed down and the green dragon incinerated me. The rest were all to massive AGS/gmaul specs, usually when I wasn't paying attention, or if I was fighting back (I'm not very good).

    Callisto is very safe if you take the proper precautions and learn to tank properly.

    I got 3 curved bones (1/5000)

    I only got 3 Tyrannical rings in the last 6000 kills (1/512)

    The only drop I didn't take was dark crabs. I left over 10m worth on the floor

    I did every kill with an imbued ring of wealth, and got roughly 284 master clues. I started saving them up at one point and plan on opening the 86 on stream today. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here. I don't actually stream at all, so don't worry I'm not begging for followers, just thought people might find it interesting.

    Wildy pets complete: 14200 Callisto, 2500 Venenatis, 2500 Scorpia, 1100 Vet'ion, 150 Chaos elemental.

    submitted by /u/fred1674
    [link] [comments]

    As a kid, I had no hope that I'd ever get even one. But today I've achieved seven quest capes!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    ..because I never invest time into making friends

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 01:33 AM PDT

    Yesterday the clan I'm in turned 17 years old. Here are some of the pictures from the past week! :) Happy 17 Green Bandits!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 05:31 AM PDT

    Share your story.. LMAO

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 03:34 AM PDT

    Lumbridge Hard is Hard

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    I lost all my money in the Duel Arena so I wrote this rap about it

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    What that dog doin?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 03:59 PM PDT

    Tears of Guthix PSA: World 328 Has all 3 green then all 3 blue change pattern

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    In tears of guthix, world 328's tear change pattern is to do all 3 green wells then all 3 blue. This means if you are collecting blue tears, you will never have a green tear switch into your spot afterwords. It will be this way until worlds reset. Enjoy.

    submitted by /u/shiny-tyranitar
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else wish they could play with roofs on but not hiding them is just too inconvenient?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 12:50 AM PDT

    I feel bad about hiding roofs because in some areas you can tell a lot of work went into them and IMO it does ruin some of the feel, but interacting with stuff inside buildings from outside requires another click (among other things) and the inconvenience is just not worth it.

    submitted by /u/SFG10032
    [link] [comments]

    What is the progress on this speedrunning suggestion from the Gielinor Gazette: December 2020?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    Just me?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    The one thing I hope for from Raids 3 bosses, bar is set very low

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 07:14 PM PDT

    Can we please stop thinking having to DWH+BGS things is a mechanic. Just give the things more HP and less defence.

    I am talking strictly meta methods for killing XYZ boss. Being able to kill a boss without spec reduction is A-okay; but I'm talking about in order to achieve the quickest clear times, there's an almost required combination of DWH/BGS specs needed. They don't always land obviously and it's just another RNG check, like how specton used to be and how CM Olm currently is. It's always more fun to be sending claws and or chally specs at bosses, especially if there are specific timing windows involved such as chally bloat entry and chally exits.

    A BGS role is fine, just not something that is like hit 4 dwh specs then 35 BGS

    submitted by /u/WeAreOnIyStardust
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be against game rules to log off and go outside? A sketch for my idea

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    Completely custom and interchangeable PoH diorama for a customer's HCIM

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 07:08 PM PDT

    Hairclip is too big pls fix

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    Maybe if I host my poh I’ll meet some cool people and have some chats..

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    I was told to max. What’s next?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    Which track of RuneScape is your favorite?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 09:03 AM PDT

    I enjoy watching you all play old school.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    I haven't really had a lot of free time to play osrs so I wanted to let all those context creators big or small know that I enjoy watching your videos. I get to be a part of you getting those levels or drops. Keep up the clips and no matter how big or small the gain I like seeing them.

    submitted by /u/Demopolska
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment