• Breaking News

    Monday, July 26, 2021

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Welcome to the daily /r/2007scape question thread!

    You can ask anything about Old School RuneScape here. They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Keep in mind that this is not a developer Q&A thread - questions for the game developers should be posted in the weekly developer Q&A posts.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Kraken's probably never even seen that side of his cave

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 07:09 AM PDT

    Here's the money making guide I made when I was younger. It still works today!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    You can bring 1 item from OSRS into the real world. Whatcha bringing?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    I'd like to think the magic properties would carry over. I want a hitpoints cape. After some calculations, turning that bitch into a hammock makes me live 2x long

    edit- I've changed my answer so many times now. I'm going to study ancient magic & Rendi to figure out how to smuggle these irl

    submitted by /u/Lame_OSRS
    [link] [comments]

    I Miss Bob :-(

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    I was told to add a "Smooth Dance" option for scattering ashes in my Runelite plugin

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    Abyssal demon sketch I’ve been working on

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:33 AM PDT

    An (Un)Natural Olympian

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 05:20 AM PDT

    I screwed up

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    How Mammal could have prevented his hardcore death

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    TIL if you try filling ogre bellows with swamp toads from the Tree Gnome Stronghold, a special message appears: "The chompy bird doesn't like this species of toad."

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Jagex's lack of customer support is bringing me to tears, I wish I were joking.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    Edit 2: I WAS ABLE TO GET BACK INTO THE ACCOUNT, CHANGE THE EMAIL AND DISABLE AUTHENTICATOR! Guys I don't think I have ever been this happy and relieved. Some VERY important things to note:

    • Despite all my gripes, I DID recover my account using Jagex's regular account recovery. The last time I had attempted recovery I was able to guess an additional password (so two passwords) got 3 of the recovery questions right, and provided billing info and several transactions on the account.
    • Some of this information I was definitely entering in before but may have misunderstood. IE, providing a "transaction ID" instead of the "Invoice ID", providing the "Payment Date" when funds actually left my account, vs the "Authorization Date" when I actually made the purchase.
    • I also logged in through the official OSRS client. This is just a hunch but to be honest I think this may have been one of the larger determining factors. I have been logging in from the same IP all this time, but normally use runelite. Maybe runelite masks IPs.
    • Some of this ambiguity around what information to provide is exactly why I felt the need to contact a live person, but I was never trying to circumvent the system. I am a real person. This is my account, and I'm really happy to have it back.

    Mod Steve W helped me with advice only. Please to not spam him with requests for help. I understand how all of you feel and can say from the bottom of my heart that I have been there. My best advice for everyone else would be to keep trying slight variations of things you know are true, really rack your brain for any past passwords you might have used, and if you still have the ability to log in, log in through the OFFICIAL client before submitting an appeal so you have that matching IP.

    Thank you all for getting this post the visibility it needed, and best of luck to everyone!

    ---------

    Edit: I have to get some sleep before work tomorrow so I can't continue to respond as frequently as I have, but I just wanted to say thank you SO MUCH everyone for all the support and sharing your stories. Even if I never get this figured out, I feel a lot better knowing that most of the community is behind me and understands what I'm going through.

    I do realize it's just a game, but this game was such a huge part of my childhood, helped me develop lifelong friendships, and has been a major source of happiness in my life well into adulthood. I'm a very sentimental person and it would be such a major bummer to have to start over from the beginning. Not to mention all the time and money spent that would have been for nothing. Anyone can just start a new account sure, but I'm not getting those thousands of dollars back... thousands of dollars that should in part, be going to fund better customer support to begin with.

    I will come back to check on everything tomorrow and still greatly appreciate your replies, advice, and upvotes. Thanks again.

    ---------

    First I want to start off by saying I am a huge fan of this game, and have been using my same, original, account that I made when I was in grade school. I will try my best to make this concise but I am very frustrated and scared I will lose my account for no reason other than poor customer service.

    TLDR: I am going to lose access to my account because Jagex's account recovery is not designed in a way that make sense for legacy players and I have no support avenues to reach out to. I understand this is partially my responsibility too, but I am trying to meet in the middle. I am willing to provide any and all information I can to recover the account including transaction info and photo ID, etc.

    ---------

    Currently, I still have access to my account and I know my password. I can log in fine, and I play regularly. Yet I have been battling account recovery with Jagex for the better half of a year because of an old email from highschool that I attached at some point, in hopes of making my account more secure. That is what stronghold of security says anyway, right? This has been the single biggest regret in my life even outside of RuneScape. I really wish I were being dramatic but I am dead serious.

    I no longer have access to this email and I will never be able to gain access to it. The email by itself is going on 9 or 10 years old. I have filled out the account recovery forum several times with as much detailed information I can provide to try and get this stupid email removed. Granted, my account is very old, I don't remember all the account creation details. I don't know my original ISP from 16 years ago. I don't know my mom's credit card from when I was a child. I don't remember my very first password. The fact that any legacy player would be expected to remember that stuff is a huge joke. But still, I understand the need to verify account ownership.

    I can provide the date my account was created - the city state zip code and country! The city state zip code and country I live currently! Tons of current transactions, including date, time, dollar amount, transaction ID, payment method, for about 6 or 7 different transactions. I can provide my current password! There isn't even enough room in the account recovery forum for all of the valid verifying information I can provide.

    Yet, every single time I try to fill out the account recovery forum, which Jagex claims to review on an individual basis, I am denied, pretty much instantly. There is no way a human being is reviewing the information I'm entering that fast, absolutely no way. To add insult to injury, I get a cheeky email to the recovery email I'm entering saying that my password reset is denied. I'm not trying to change my dang password. That's the one thing I have held onto well all these years, and thank goodness that's the case. I need my email removed. I have reached out to support on Twitter too and I am always given a generic response about using the account recovery forum. I so I go in circles over and over again.

    ---------

    Until recently, all of this has been frustrating, but I could push it aside just knowing I would never be able to change my password. At least by always remembering my current password, I could get into the account, play the game, purchase membership, buy bonds, whatever.

    This came to a screeching halt upon breaking my phone. I have now just lost access to Google Authenticator, with no way to remove it without... ha, the Google Authenticator code. And no way to unlink Google Authenticator without removing that old, erroneous email tied to my account.

    I've just come to the realization that my more than a decade old account, that I have probably spent close to a thousand dollars or more on, is going to become completely inaccessible and unplayable to me in the near future. And I really don't know what else to do except cry and wish that Jagex would get me in contact with a real human to hear me out. Seriously. I hate to be like this and I hate that I probably sound like a Karen but I am just heartbroken. Do you even care about your player base? Is there ANYONE I can contact???

    submitted by /u/xN00dzx
    [link] [comments]

    How to convince the boyfriend of my wife to stop enjoying OSRS?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    For the past two days every time I walk by my bedroom and see him in there playing runescape I get absolutely livid. I cannot believe he would betray this household like this.

    Sometimes I'd step in and say something like "H-hey Kieth, um, you know this month will have the worst player retention right?"

    And hed always say something fucking stupid like "That's okay champ, go back to your room me and your wife need to have an important talk"

    One time I tried to redditpill him again and said "H-hey Kieth the patch notes were uhh really disappointing, um don't you wanna stop because um prices are so low now, how will you make money?"

    Now get this Reddit. He had the AUDACITY to say "I didn't read the patch notes, if I can't make money that's fine, maybe I'll focus on actually training runecrafting."

    I immediately ran out of the room sobbing, I sat at my desk and threw my chicken tenders all over the floor in disgust.

    I just don't get it reddit. I'm at my wits end at this point. I cannot fathom how someone could enjoy the current state of the game. I've already tagged the developers at least 13 times in my Reddit comment manifestos do you think I should start tagging him as well? I don't even know if he checks Reddit.

    submitted by /u/Im_Literally_A_Fish
    [link] [comments]

    Runescape addict at a family dinner

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    This is what differentiates rank 1 smithing from rank 2.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    i don't think so

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 10:01 PM PDT

    Finally managed to kill the Vicious Tool Leprechaun. He managed to get me at the last hit though. Next time...

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    What's the deal with the Lumbridge chef today?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    This sub on Wednesdays

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:11 AM PDT

    Me trying to flick the ghosts at Cerberus

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    somebody just sold 5-6k blue d'hide body's for 1gp ea, rip.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    You never quit you just take breaks

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    Summer Summit Reveal Stream - Where is the promotion?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    The Summer Reveal Stream, which Jagex have been teasing for a while, is on 31 July at 8 PM UK BST.

    This has been portrayed as the big reveal - a very exciting time for OSRS - where all the content that has been secretly teased and talked about on numerous streams will come together.

    My question is, where is all the promotion to generate excitement amongst players?

    In-game messages... replacing that AKD banner on log in... Town Crier messages (if it isn't already).

    submitted by /u/WesternInspection
    [link] [comments]

    LMS Bots make LMS unplayable

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    Why has it gotten to the point where BOTS have become better than the best pkers in the game? They are on some MLG shit this is ridiculous. Its demoralizing when you try your hardest and it's pointless! Please do something

    submitted by /u/iYurix
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment