• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 29, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 04:08 PM PST

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Sunday, November 29 2020 (posted on 00:08:03 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    New Player Experience

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 05:28 AM PST

    Guthanki

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 06:03 AM PST

    You don't say?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 05:56 AM PST

    Later, virgins. ��

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 04:46 AM PST

    The solution to eradicate pyramid plunder bots

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 01:13 AM PST

    GZ to the 2007scape mod who “won” todays LMS event

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 08:11 PM PST

    Slayermusiq1 produces yet another helpful guide...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:46 AM PST

    Account completed

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 07:37 PM PST

    Mobile authentication is busted (different account for the sceptics)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 06:24 AM PST

    Doubling gp legit

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:53 PM PST

    BigRedJapan waving all those years

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:09 PM PST

    I finally have all of the books T.S Church including the signed edition.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:25 AM PST

    Update on my too many login attempts issue. They made it and took everything. I’m done.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:43 PM PST

    PSA: If you were ever hacked, account shared etc...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 08:09 AM PST

    If you've ever been hacked, account shared or anything remotely giving someone else access your account, YOU CAN STILL BE HACKED IN FUTURE.

    Go to your Account Settings - Linked Accounts and make sure you unlink every account. Even if you're certain you linked the account yourself. A hacker could've easily unlinked your account and re-linked their account without giving a SINGLE notification.

    If you have a linked account (such as Google, Facebook or Apple), the hacker can log into your account AT ANY TIME without needing an authenticator code.

    THIS METHOD BYPASSES AUTHENTICATOR ENTIRELY, NO MATTER IF IT'S BEEN 1 MONTH, 10 MONTHS, OR 2 YEARS

    --For all the people who believe people are hacked out of their own fault, this is a huge fucking security flaw, and this is likely a big reason why people are hacked with 2FA enabled.

    This method, combined with Too many login attempts services literally bypasses every single security feature Jagex has.

    submitted by /u/vcb2
    [link] [comments]

    Slayermusiq1 hilarious typo (probably be fixed soon)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:21 AM PST

    There is multiple zulrah bots with thousands of kc every world at Ferox Enclave

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 08:14 AM PST

    Go to world 346,47,48 youll see a level 90 in mystic with 3-10k zulrah kills, theres sometimes 10 of them showing up.

    Jagex what in the literal fuck are you doing with these bots? They apparently control the entire game, when are you going to do something?

    submitted by /u/TheyDoItForFreeLMAO
    [link] [comments]

    Oh boy, I can't wait to make my first million!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Prunes

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Comparison how difficult it is / long it takes to open a support ticket ( 6 most populated mmo's )

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:55 AM PST

    This is all assuming no access to your account.

    World of warcraft:

    2 clicks. Front page on top, support, contact customer support

    Elder scrolls online:

    2 clicks. Front page on top, support, create a ticket.

    Guild Wars 2:

    2 clicks. Front page on top, support, create a ticket.

    Black desert online:

    2 clicks. Front page on bottom, support, create a ticket.

    Final fantasy XIV:

    4 clicks. Front page behind somewhat hard to notice button, support homepage, contact us, get support

    Oldschool Runescape:

    X amount of clicks. I clicked on support on frontpage. It took me to some FAQ section. No ticket section to be seen. Ok I click on support guide. This page has ~150 articles. My madeup problem is compromised account. I search for " can't log in ". I'm in luck ! First result is " maybe we can help ". Ok so I know my email I click yes, don't know my password I click no. So I can reset my password here, but that's not exactly what I needed. Well this wasn't the ticket section, let's go back.

    Now 4th option was " contact customer support " Ah there's a button called "hijacked account". So this is just a recovery request, same as if I forgot my password.

    Now I get frustrated. I google " how to contact osrs customer support ". Results 1-4 don't do anything for me. 5th result directs me to their twitter page. Ah a tweet sent by them on Sep 28th. Apparently there's a specific section where I can claim that I don't know my email even tho I do and get some help with my problem. Yes, success, a customer support ticket !

    *Disclaimer

    *I didn't actually create tickets on any of the sites, just went through long enough to get a ticket interface open, therefore I can't make claims on how effective they are to solve the problem. Just wanted to do a comparison between the support system of the 6 most populated MMO's in 2018 ( just googled something to get a list for this test ) .

    *This comparison is meant to paint the picture of a new player trying to contact support for the first time, which imo is the most important thing.

    In the end it's clear that no player should be prompted to browse through 150 articles to maybe find something that's useful to them. Just take the financial hit of ~8k per employee or we the overall cost is and get some actual customer support in this game. Please.

    submitted by /u/kukkelii
    [link] [comments]

    Is it over?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 06:21 AM PST

    It's a pro gamer thing - you wouldn't understand.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:32 AM PST

    PM I got from some guy I met at Fossil Wyverns...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:45 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment