• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Monday, October 19 2020 (posted on 00:10:18 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Got sick of always forgetting my rock hammer, clan mates had a good idea.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    A letter from J1mmy about Settled

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    I would like to chime in about one of my closest and dearest friends who has been the talk of the town on this subreddit recently, Settled.

    I do not need to reiterate what has been going on, everyone on this subreddit is fully aware, or at least thinks they are fully aware. The amount of speculating, theorizing, and conspiring here over multiple scenarios that no one has any actual information about makes me feel like I'm looking at a community for Info Wars. I am not going to go into details and speak on his behalf, but I have a few things I'd like to speak up about as his friend because it makes me sick to my stomach seeing him take this pressure on alone.

    Framed and I have been by Settled's side through all of this, and we have been in full support of him picking what to address and when. What many people fail to realize is this situation involves a lot more than "account integrity" or staging a "redemption arc". The reason any of this came to light in the first place was due to Settled ending a relationship in which he had every reason to get himself out of. He has been dealing with a traumatic heartbreak that has no business being discussed in a Runescape community, and due to a spiteful reaction, all he sees now are references to it and the very overly exaggerated claims that stirred up an anxiety-inducing shit storm.

    Today, with Settled's permission, Framed posted our group conversation from the day his account wiped. Seeing an abundance of private investigators and mathematicians dive deep into seeing whether he was lying or if it was a big scheme to "milk content" is ridiculous. He plans on making ONE extra episode due to this setback, not 10 or 20. We brought light to the situation and told him it was fate, which I genuinely believe it was. We saw it as an opportunity to get back in touch with his love for the game and creating content. Also - good god, any of you that think any content creator is constantly recording their screen has zero knowledge of how recording works. The closest realistic concept to that is running a replay buffer which lets you save the last 0-5 mins of the screen and Settled was gone for hours prior to learning he died.

    I can see as to why some would think the wipe was intentional given the surrounding circumstances, but the real circumstances that caused the wipe can be seen here, on Twitter, in-game, etc. Between the small jokes that got thousands of upvotes and the constant humiliation in comment sections, this community has inarguably cancelled any chance of his peace of mind. People are demanding a response and asking for him to address the situation but I don't think anyone has given the thought to how much pressure has built over this and how difficult it is to appeal to a crowd who is content on conducting witch hunts out of spite. He is 20 years old and is dealing with a situation with a magnitude that none of us will probably ever have to experience for the rest of our lives.

    Settled will address things, he will talk to you guys; myself along with his other close pals with help him build the courage to do so. In the meantime, please take my word, Framed's word, and most importantly, Swamp's word that there is no conspiracy to be had here. There were no lies told in the newest episode, there is no big scheme behind the scenes. Remember that creators are people too. Thanks everyone.

    J1mmy

    Edit: Regarding the 'magnitude' comment - I want to clarify I'm referring to the fact that we won't experience tens of thousands of people belittling you over a situation that you couldn't control on top of awful real-life factors. He's a creator, this is what he does, it means everything to him. Having all your work de-valued and discredited due to pure speculation is very difficult to cope with.

    submitted by /u/Mrjmfs
    [link] [comments]

    Just saw 2 guys arguing about whose Dad would win in a fight at Varrock West Bank

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    Fishing in 2020

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    Doing a clue and stumbled on this pile, cant believe someone who wouldn't want their gear would just drop it in the middle of the swamp.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    [Suggestion] Feral Claws

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    These gambling bots are getting out of hand

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    Framed on Twitter: Settled didn't fake his death. He was very excited to finish the series and it crushed him when he died

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    "Slightly higher than average IQ"-meme

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Guthan the Infested figurine, sculpted by me

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    Got Pyro legs, Tome, and Dragon Axe in one Wintertodt crate.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Security Stronghold asking the right questions.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    HCIM 1st Full Dagon Hai Completion

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Billy ain’t wrong though

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    The pre GE hustle was real honestly

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    That moment when you realize tears of guthix isn't automatic runecrafting xp...

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    1 kc 3rd Age on the Ultimate Ironman

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Love little details like this!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    LilSmokey was the first to expose Settled (Swampletics).

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    Lego Lumbridge Castle! - Notes about the build listed below

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I'm 17 and it's my first time playing this game. Yes I heard it before when I was young but I never played it. Thanks to my friend recommended me to play together during quarantine. I'm glad I played this n it's such a fun game!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:01 AM PDT

    RuneZone / Mod Infinity - Illegal Affairs

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    My name is Matt and I am the former owner of the RuneScape fansite 'RuneScapez' - yeah, rubbish name I know, but I owned, hosted and ran this website.

    Before you read on, I suggest you read this precious Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/2fni67/mod_infinity_runezone_forges_court_documents_to/

    As you can see, Nathan, former owner of RuneZone (and former Jagex Moderator) used illegal methods to shut down opponent RuneScape fansites. This was before he was made a Jagex Moderator.

    This all happened when I was around 16, so I didn't really have much clue on how the world worked and definitely didn't have the ability to take back control.

    Nathan Turner essentially stole my website 'RuneScapez' after I merged with his 'RuneZone' - we agreed to use the software that one of my admins 'Deathslayer' wrote and merge communities. After a while, Nathan revoked my access.

    When I brought the original RuneScapez back online, he submitted the above linked forged court document to my web host to get it taken offline.

    Some way down the line he failed as a Jagex Moderator and fansite manager and so RuneZone closed down.

    I hereby advise the RuneScape community and Jagex that I will now be pursuing this. Nathan - you were a rotten person back then - a lot of time has passed and if you simply apologise then I'm willing to open a discussion.

    Jagex - absolute shame on you. I was well known amongst your ranks (Hard Powered was my in-game name) and RuneScapez was an officially supported fansite. I explained to you guys what happened, as did many other people, yet you refused to open any dialogue and allowed Nathan and his associate Dan to continue working for you as Jagex Moderators. Obviously there is no legal action I can take against you guys, but unless you come to the table I will make all the evidence and next steps very public.

    I'll continue to post updates as and when! 😀

    Sincerely Matt (aka Hard Powered)

    submitted by /u/MrPowered127
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Johnny Sins of the Father Quest. #goals

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Can we get these robes back through a Minigame or even bring back Great Orb Project

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment