• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 11, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Sunday, October 11 2020 (posted on 00:08:09 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Best part about being a content creator is having people send you shit like this! Thank you Gibb50!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Goodnight :)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Damn the HD graphics look lit

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Getting Zulrah upgrades to kill more Zulrah

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    My body is a temple and I demand the best for myself

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Jagex... everytime i post someone says it's been a problem for years...do something about castle wars sabotages ffs.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Jagex.. there should be no excuse, you banned people for dancing around a streamer, do something about castle wars sabotages, it's been 9 days and i havn't been able to play a game without sabotages, myself and a lot of players only pay membership to play cw, you need to do something about this griefing.

    This post should remain relevant to cwers and people who have experience with their castle wars games being ruined by sabotages, please keep on topic

    Please post discussion/stories/suggestions

    =) and have a nice day

    submitted by /u/cruel_dream
    [link] [comments]

    15 years later and I still feel the pain

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    X-Post from the F2P community subreddit. Finally hit 1k total in F2P only. 238 more levels until I max this build!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    OSRS roasts England's football team selection

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    A bit of a longer kill than I was expecting...

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Should work

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    Hellpuppy when ?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Accurate?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Real World Trading saved my life

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    Before this gets deleted for breaking some sort of rule let me clarify that this was about three years ago and I DO NOT do this anymore, nor do I condone RWT. Real world trading is against the game rules and you risk your account and the overall game integrity for doing so. Just play the game.

    Let's turn back the clock to a better time! It was Christmas of 2017 and there I was, working a regular job at a restaurant at about 50-ish hours a week. I was your typical wage slave who loved OSRS with a burning passion. If I can be candid, I was and still am, completely addicted to RuneScape...

    I was your average person in more ways than one, though most noticeable was my token depression. I was fresh-faced 21 year old who had no passions or drive. I just worked, and scaped. You can imagine it didn't take long for me to become consumed by my depression. Desperate for a change I went to my parents for help. Yes, before you ask, I lived with them at the time. After all I wouldn't be a true OSRS player if I didn't play in my parents basement for two years, right? My parents are the most amazing people in the world you guys I mean it. They encouraged me to make a change. So I decided that I would take a break from my own life to give back to others. This was the only thing that felt like it might be potentially fulfilling.

    The next week, I decided to join a missionary organization. The only out out of my depression and perpetual RuneScape playing was to focus on other people. Everything was going great until money became an issue. I was short. Very very short. By no small coincidence I'm also short IRL.

    I started selling my earthly possessions. I sold a Gibson Gold Top, and a really nice Vox amp. I sold some of my other guitar things and some other things, but I still came up short. I was running out of things to sell. The dead line was fast approaching. I learned that I would be spending 3 months in Chiangmai Thailand teaching English to children who had been rescued out of human trafficking.

    I remember coming down to my room sobbing. I didn't have the money to go. I failed. I couldn't for the life of me think of any way I could make the money up in the amount of time I had.

    Defeated, I sat down on my couch. With tears in my eyes I logged into RuneScape to try and drown my sorrows with zammy brews. I was marveling at my bank value. I worked so hard. Thousands of hours of bossing and a killing and raids. I jokingly entertained the idea of staking my entire bank, and then selling the gold if I won. In almost the same moment I knew what I had to do. I immediately liquidated my bank, grabbed a whip and a ring, and headed off to meet God.

    It took me 8 hours to find the stake. 1.8b on the line. Back in 2017 that was even more impressive! Finally someone staked me. My heart was literally melting in my chest. Against all odds, or maybe closer to 50/50, I won the stake. I found out how to offload the money and the guy paid me. The exchange rate was close to $0.97-1m. It was the exact amount of money I needed. I sold it, cashed out and jumped on a plane.

    My experiences there are entire story on their own, and I've already written quite the story here so maybe another time. When I returned home I was a new person. I managed to kick my depression and find purpose. My head was on tight for the first time in a long time. All thanks to RuneScape. I wouldn't have been able to go if I hadn't had that money, and I was considering taking my own life before I left.

    RuneScape literally saved my life, and we need to appreciate how great this game is. The Devs slave everyday over our every whim, yet we complain endlessly. We can do better. Let's show the mods our appreciation guys. Let's thank the team.

    Thank you, Jagex. You saved my life and you didn't even know it. I'm sorry I had to break the game rules, and I'll never do it again as long as I live. I could never again abuse the thing that saved me.

    -sincerely, a die hard fan.

    TL;DR- I was a depressed wage slave who was addicted to scape. I decided to make a change instead of killing myself. I joined a missionary group but didn't have the money to go on the 3 month trip to Thailand to teach English to children who had been rescued from trafficking. I staked my bank, won, sold the gold, went on the trip, found myself and lost all my suicidal urges, and came home to a happier life. Thank the Jmods for this great game.

    submitted by /u/Slayer-Sango
    [link] [comments]

    God-Trimmed 2H Sword

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    [HCIM] Cerb pet at 89 slayer, gonna go 3k dry for prims

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    Bi-Annual Reminder to Buff Elder Mauls

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    I finally finished all of the god rune armor variants. Wich one did you guys liked? I personally loved the saradomin lol. Btw There's a missing one that is a spoiler to my next painting!!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Clifford the big red asshole

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    What a nice start for my rebuild

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Finally obtained the laundry list cape :D (btw)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Please don't make me get 50K Jagex

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment