• Breaking News

    Friday, May 8, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 07 May 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Friday, May 8 2020 (posted on 00:08:10 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I maxed with my little brother last night. This is a tribute to him, and OSRS.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    My younger brother, Jack, and I have been playing Runescape since 2005, and last night we maxed together. It started as a game, but very quickly became the binding agent of the relationship between us. We grew older and took different routes, but would always connect online. We would have laughed at you 10 years ago in our Veracs sets (ragging at fight pits) if you suggested that we would one day be maxed.

    A few years ago Jack had a bad accident, which left him in a coma. The doctors were not sure if he would wake, or what his condition would look like if he did. After a couple of weeks, he opened his eyes, and after another week or so got his voice back a bit. As a way to test if Jack was still "there", our first Q/A was about Runescape. He nailed every piece of Runescape trivia I threw at him - I had my brother back.

    Over the coming months he continued to overcome every adversity that was thrown his way, including the unexpected loss of our father. Still determined, he blew the doctor's expectations out of the water and got back to walking, and even got his licence to drive back.

    So, where is Jack now other than absolutely crushing the OSRS game with his maxed main and beastly Iron? He is working full time in a home for older gentleman with special needs, while going to college to for Mortuary studies (straight A student).

    Maxing with him last night made me feel some rare shit, so I wanted to capture the moment and make this post for him. I love you, Jack. Thank you for being my motivation in both this life and our virtual lives. Thank you OSRS for the good times, and for distracting us from the many dark times we experienced too.

    If you would like to put some faces to my little tribute, here's a couple shots of Jack in the hospital, and a photo with me and my siblings from my wedding last year. Life is good.

    https://imgur.com/a/uKdPczp

    Edit: Jack and I are overwhelmed with the support this post is receiving - thank you all so much. It has been a remarkable 24 hours and I just got the Skotos pet to make my day even better. Much love to all of you.

    submitted by /u/ThePanth3r
    [link] [comments]

    The Hustle Is Real

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    so why was I perm d? I don't rwt and I don't bot.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Priorities

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Move the Grand Exchange west of the 6.3 V 1200 uF capacitors on the Varrock Motherboard

    Posted: 07 May 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    Need support :D Apparently you're not supposed to advertise your POH unless you are a big name.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    So you all know how W330 works. Even after adding the board, every big name still uses advertisers. Most of them even use more than 1. The only way to get people in your POH even with 99 con is to advertise too. I did not want to bond a lvl 3 just to do this so I used my alt account, which I spent a decent amount of hours on, to advertise my POH. It probably got mass reported by the big names and their cc's, cz that's how they eliminate competition. Now to be honest I always wished spamming would be bannable FOR EVERYONE and that would make W330 a lot cleaner without 10-15 spammers outside the portal. But it is not fair to be biased when it comes to bans. Either you ban everyone, or you don't ban the new guy trying to get into hosting permanently and without a warning. I tried appealing and got denied, even though I have no previous offenses, I have never broken the rules of the game in over 5 years and never would do so. I don't get how someone looked into the account after I appealed the ban and still found that it's fair that it stays banned?? All I did was spam a POH advert because everyone was doing so?? And yet all the spammers are still outside the portal doing the same thing.

    Edit 1: To be as clear as possible, I couldn't care less about Hosting anymore. I just want the account I spent hundreds of hours on back. Jmods pls help.

    Edit 2: I understand now that an autotyper is a bannable offense but I saw tens of accounts advertising and thought that was the only way to do it. Literally everyone that is hosting except maybe a couple with not maxed houses have spammers outside and I thought that was normal because they are there 24/7. Imo though, someone who have been playing for 5 years with 0 offenses should not be banned permanently without warning or a mute or anthg when there is spammers 24/7 outside of the portal at 330. It's not like they are hard to detect or anthg just get someone to stand there and ban them as they come it's not like you have to go look for them or anthg they are on the same spot on the same world 24/7 like what?? I would have never thought that I will get perma banned for advertising my POH when there is bots advertising youtube scamms for weeks at the ge before getting banned and ppl that stand at the same spot at the same world spamming the same shit. It's just too harsh imo, a mute or a small ban would have been fair but I'm pissed af cz I lost my account for something harmless(considering the spammers are and will still be out there cz apparently jagex doesn't give a shit)

    Edit 3: For all of you mentioning the game's built in auto-chat, you can't see what people are auto chatting unless you put the chat thing on show auto chat which nobody does on w330 cz there is spammers alrdy. I tried using the auto chat and it made 0 difference cz nobody sees it what you are typing. If jagex were to actually ban the spammers then it would be so much better and people would start using it on w330 but that is not the case.

    Also, a lot of people are saying hahahaha you broke the game rules get banned hahahah bye. As someone who was trying hosting, I did not know it was perma bannable since there is spammers 24/7 outside of the portal. One would think a fair punishment for advertising a POH would be a mute for some time or maybe a couple days ban, but no, let's perma ban someone who had 0 offenses and never broke the rules for trying to compete with other hosters.

    submitted by /u/Henism
    [link] [comments]

    My wife doesn't like it, but I'm proud of my progress. First-ever dragon weapon. Feeling like a main in the making.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    No Supply Inferno Completed! (No SGS or Eldritch Either)

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    He do be collecting spice

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    We don't deserve Mod Ash

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Yeah I'm G.A.Y.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Now I can play the game!

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    Host the Easter event in the desert next year and let this be the NPC you talk to

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    General Bentnoze

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    .

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Move the Varrock Motherboard to the Stam'Pot Sink Bridge

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    .

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Scimitar Berbatov

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Tangleroot from Tithe Farm. 1/7,494,389 base chance.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Roses are red, violets are blue....

    Posted: 08 May 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Whos joe?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    In honor of our fallen brothers and sisters, triggered from seeing a post on r/cutenoobs

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Two Types of PK'ers in this game

    Posted: 07 May 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Ironman of the Storm series - Coming soon!

    Posted: 07 May 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment