• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 1, 2021

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Welcome to the daily /r/2007scape question thread!

    You can ask anything about Old School RuneScape here. They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Keep in mind that this is not a developer Q&A thread - questions for the game developers should be posted in the weekly developer Q&A posts.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Group Ironman Blog

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    So we're gonna call Group Iron Man Players GIMPs right?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    Rendi and the lamping community

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    Yemalo shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii cardito

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 08:15 AM PDT

    New player here - Falsely permabanned for RWT

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    This happened about 4 days ago. I made a post on this sub the day of my ban, but I don't believe I got my point across very well at all. I played for about a week, and logged about 50 hours in game. There are many things I'm still trying to learn including the games history.

    I've spent the last few days researching the circumstances of other players who were banned for RWT, both falsely and legitimately.

    From my 'research' it seems there are two types of bans for RWT. Permanent bans for sellers and temporary bans for buyers. What this tells me is that someone manually reviewed my account, and made the conclusion that I was a seller.

    This is baffling to me. I never had more than 200k on that account. All of my items collectively, bank included were only maybe ~300k in total. I never dropped items for other players, especially anything worth value, and I never picked up any valuable items from other players. I never completed a trade with anyone, I never entered the duel arena. Nothing.

    The worst part about this situation is that no one will believe me, and frankly I don't blame them. I have no means to provide proof. The thing is, I shouldn't have to.

    I shouldn't have to resort to begging and pleading on Twitter or the subreddit simply to get a re-review of my account. This is why games have the ability to appeals bans in the first place. The sheer gall of Jagex to have no appeals for RWT, essentially saying their mods are immune to mistakes, is insane to me.

    From what I have seen, there have been numerous public cases of streamers/youtubers being falsely banned for RWT. I've seen cases of non-influencers being unbanned as well. So obviously these mistakes happen. Couldn't this whole situation be avoided if Jagex allowed at least ONE appeal per account?

    I'm upset because the game is so fucking good. I love it. I have nostalgia for it from watching my brother play it for years when I was kid. Yet, I feel so hopeless in this situation.

    Despite this, I already created a new account and bought more membership anyway. I've already played for another 20 hours or so. Now I'm constantly worried that time investment will be taken away over nothing, again.

    It's up to you on whether you believe me. I will say with 100% confidence that I did not RWT in any form, buying or selling. It's a practice I detest in all games.

    To sum it up, my new player experience has felt an awful lot like "Welcome to Runescape! Thanks for your money, now please kindly go fuck yourself."

    Edit: My IGN is GeckoChicken.

    submitted by /u/LaGhettochicken
    [link] [comments]

    Group Ironmeme

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 10:42 AM PDT

    "Group" Ironman

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    [Suggestion] Starting Armor for Group Iron Men Players

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    [Mod Ash on Twitter] made an indicator to show if you'll be ineligible for loot due to an NPC having damage.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    TIL the Agility pet is based on a real squirrel native to India, the Malabar Giant Squirrel

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    Varrock pet abandonment is really out of control

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    Those "PSA" bots at the GE aren't doing you a favor.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/esdR46G

    Sorry about the link instead of embedded images but I'm a Reddit noob. But yeah, I hit the GE last night after tobbing, still in my tob gear and I had a scepter lurer try to trade me. After telling him to go home and ignoring him and his scam buddy, he said "!spam Lifestorm" "Dw you'll notice yourself" and then this morning I log in to sure enough see those "PSA" bots spamming my name at the GE.

    I just wanted to bring awareness to this issue in case people weren't aware. These bots are not trying to keep you safe from scammers, they are trying to hold your account name ransom by slandering you until you pay them to stop.

    Maybe bank your gear before you go to the GE.

    submitted by /u/JLifestorm
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever easy clue scroll gave me a ham joint

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    Complaining always works

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 12:27 AM PDT

    "He's just a friend"

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    TIL Fremennik sea boots 4 went through more than one graphical change

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    DFS on my 10hp Iron!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    Invincibility & 99 Attack In 2 Hours

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    Mod Ash, faithful husband

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    Unpopular opinion: Most players do not do highlevel PVM content and OSRS would benefit far more from midlevel accessible PVM content.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    Jagex has not released fresh high level PVM content in a while. That is a fact and I do not want to debate that.

    However, I would wager that the vast majority of people complaining about a lack of updates have barely touched late game PVM.

    Recently J1mmy made a video repeating this sentiment for the 100th time, and so since his account name is public, I decided to check his highscores.

    The only PVM challenges that appear in his high scores (>50kc) are General Graardor (366kc) and Vorkath (53kc). So despite not sinking time into PVM content like Zulrah, COX, TOB, Gauntlet, etc, J1mmy (and I suspect many other players) still complain that the game is getting stale for them BECAUSE of a lack of high level PVM updates.

    If anything, this game would benefit most from mid game PVM updates which is why I suspect that the new raid has a built in difficulty slider to allow more player to experience the content and is locked behind quest with relatively low requirements. Scaling difficulty means far more people can access fun engaging content and they can play it sooner.

    If you have around 70 combat stats, the only boss you can realistically do (that is not braindead like giant mole or KBD) is Sarachnis or maybe godwars with a team. This game would benefit a ton from having more PVM "steps" before you hit endgame raids. I would personally like to see more slayer bosses.

    I think a lot of players are just bored of the game and for some reason point at a cause that doesn't really make sense considering where their account is at.

    TL;DR: Stop complaining about lack of endgame updates when you don't do endgame content (especially if you are a content creator lmao @J1mmy). To attract new players, Jagex is already realizing that PVM needs to be more accessible to mid level players.

    Edit: A few people are mentioning that making mid game content "good money" is impossible due to the fact that high level players can rip through it and make a game breaking amount of gp/h. I think this why Jagex implemented difficulty sliders to TOB and Raids 3 that let lower levels experience content with drops adjusted accordingly.

    I also liked the idea from u/Repealer to "Curse" players so that their stats are reduced to say base 70's to prevent high level players from camping a low/mid level boss.

    submitted by /u/konieboy
    [link] [comments]

    Should be proud if I achieve my goal.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 02:05 AM PDT

    The Essence of Group Ironman

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:13 AM PDT

    My idea of group ironman was to get a group of my friends together, level up together, to content together and clear content together. We would be limited by our groups skill level, our time investment and our co-operation.

    The blog posted today has some details that I believe are taking away from the whole essence of group ironman.

    This is my feedback:

    Remove the limitations on items that require 1kc, most peoples game plan was to split up the group to do different things, instead what we have now is the entire team has to all go slayer for the drops. That takes away the fun & theory crafting of teams plan and removes some element of skill to climbing the highscores.

    My biggest worry - Group Ironman should live & die by their groups progress. This is a game mode dedicated to your group being only as good as the members and time invested by said group. Allowing a single member of your team to be able to party up with maxed main accounts in full gear to get carried through ToB at the off chance to get a purple is going to adversely affect the game in 2 ways

    1 - Maxed main groups will start selling carries through content, leading to people getting scammed and other instances of misconduct that can be avoided

    2 - If you have a team of 5, 4 of those people can jump on their main accounts carry the 5th through content and hope that player gets lucky on an item. You then just carry the other 4 through 1 kc so they can all use that item. Why is the best strategy now for GIM to use main accounts at end game?

    This is a game mode that will only appeal to certain players, lets not infest it with advantages from players who have good main accounts. Let's give each group the same start from the get go.

    I hope the Jmods take a different approach being - "A group will only succeed on the backs of those in that group on those accounts" or the current flair "You stand alone - Together"

    u/jagexlight

    submitted by /u/LetOk7448
    [link] [comments]

    Tie the Group Ironman Prestige Status to raiding within your own Group.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    Raiding/bossing with other accounts outside of your group would remove your prestige status.

    Thoughts/Feedback?

    submitted by /u/fourgiveness_
    [link] [comments]

    *Furiously starts spam clicking ardy knights*

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    Can MSB I scroll be a wildy slayer drop again?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 11:53 PM PDT

    B0aty drops down to 0 HP at Armadyl on DMM and somehow survives

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment