• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 13, 2021

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Welcome to the daily /r/2007scape question thread!

    You can ask anything about Old School RuneScape here. They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Keep in mind that this is not a developer Q&A thread - questions for the game developers should be posted in the weekly developer Q&A posts.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Questions for Q&A Livestream (Thursday, July 15th - 5:00pm BST)

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    We'll be live on Thursday with our weekly Q&A live stream!

    The J-Mods will be on discussing this week's update which will include Slayer improvements from Poll 75.

    We'd love to hear any questions you have about this week's update, so feel free to submit any queries below.

    Join us at 17:00 BST (UK time). We look forward to seeing you there!

    submitted by /u/JagexSarnie
    [link] [comments]

    Throwback to one of the best moment of this sub

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    I was on my way out, relax bro

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    The custom xp drop plugin amuses me

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 05:37 AM PDT

    To make Chocolate Milk you require a blood rune not a water rune according to Nesquik.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    The Economic Epidemic - Analyzing & Designing Item Sinks

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Met Some of my clan in real life

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    Met Some of my clan in real life

    Spent 5 days on a beach vacation staying in the same airbnb with some of the long-time members of my clan. Runescape may not be a dating site but they didn't say anything about life long friends. Our parents were wrong. You should definitely meet strangers on the internet.

    https://preview.redd.it/gp8qz5j4hza71.jpg?width=2004&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=02a07a0593d198f8e98cb3aaf6fe38ae884cad3b

    submitted by /u/HypnoTP
    [link] [comments]

    Climbing the ranks

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    [Suggestion] Add a new Hespori transmog to the farming pet, using Hespori seeds.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    I met one of my best friends playing runescape in 2007-08. This weekend I flew across the country to meet him in person for the first time.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    I'm a weak man

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    Allow players to use benches and chairs around Gielinor for a more immersive experience.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 03:09 AM PDT

    Suggestion: Let us farm Cocoa in allotment patches so we can make our own Chocolate

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    There is currently no good way to collect chocolate dust in bulk without buying 10 per world from the grand tree shop before hopping. This means that all chocolate dust on the grand exchange is only there when the price gets high enough that it is worth botting as very few normal main accounts are going to purchase from shops.

    My proposal: Add a new "Cocoa Seed" that when planted in an allotment with Level 70 Farming, grows into "Cocoa Bean" which can be cooked (Level 50 Cooking) and then ground with a pestle and mortar (or crushed by Wesley in Nardah) into chocolate dust.

    Pros:

    • New, high level allotment seed for Farming skill (currently peaks at just level 61 for Snape Grass)
    • Thematically makes sense that Chocolate can be farmed/cooked
    • Reduces "Shopscape" for Ironmen

    Cons:

    • No black background w/ yellow text
    • Devalues my Hudo-food only snowflake ironman

    Edit: There is a better way to collect chocolate: RfD Chest sells 50 per world when fully unlocked. I would still like a way to farm our own though

    submitted by /u/SorryIHateYourDog
    [link] [comments]

    New scam to be cautious of!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    So last night me and a couple friends were about to send some tobs and while standing at the bank for no less than a couple mins someone had name changed to almost the same exact name as my friend and tried standing under him and trading me asking for my twisted bow. Had I literally not been in a discord call with him and know that he was an Ironman who knows what could have happened. Luckily though I immediately realized something was wrong and asked him when he deironed lmfao and that's when we put 2 and 2 together. Let me tell you this dude was good at this too within 20 secs after my friend said he was scamming in game he had logged and name changed before we could even look them up on high scores. I just want to make everyone aware of people doing stuff like this as if you aren't careful you could possibly be tricked into giving your "friends" your expensive items and sadly be sol if you do. I don't know if this person was directly targeting me or if they do this often and simply go world to world looking for people to get with this but either way I wanted to inform you all of this as I've never seen anyone actually do this in game. Keep your eyes peeled if you're trading your friends your stuff to use as this could very easily have been someone else.

    submitted by /u/Americon_
    [link] [comments]

    Gielinor Football League: Ungael Dragons

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    SirPugger responds to Hermano's channel RE being ghosted (let's put down the pitchforks for now pls)

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 08:49 AM PDT

    Got access to an old account, he still remembers me, my man

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    100 Million Gold Bounty for Bug Exposure

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    Reddit insists that there is a bug going around where people can somehow straight up extract items out of your inventory via trades- that the trade confirmation screen is somehow being gamed, and even without making a mistake you can be scammed. Reddit claims a lot of things, however, and I'm skeptical. This sounds like some bigfoot shenanigans to me. So here is my offer:

    If you can get conclusive, unedited video proof of a scam of this nature occurring, I will both reimburse you the amount you got scammed for (up to 50 mil) as well as give you 100m on top. If you get yourself scammed for 70 or 80mil, you will not quite profit 100m but I'm capping out the amount I'll pay this out at 150m, that'll have to be good enough for you.

    In order to help ensure that this clip is unedited I would like it to include your voice, ideally speaking a word during the exact moment you click accept on the 1st and 2nd trade screen (to scrub the audio file for a splice).

    If it's real, it can be recorded. If it can be recorded, it can be proven. If it can be proven, it will have to be resolved somehow.

    submitted by /u/bip_bip_hooray
    [link] [comments]

    I lost 63M to a scammer at the Grand Exchange and I have no idea how. Beware of ANY trade in the game now.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 08:18 PM PDT

    So first and foremost, yeah in hindsight it was my fault and I'm ready for players to tell me it was in the comments. Second, I main an ironman and as I've recently been heavy afking on it, I figured I'd get my alt's skills up and make some money.

    So something that I've done a lot in the past was buy items for people who reached the 4 hour limit and they'd throw me anywhere between 100-500k for the trouble. I haven't been scammed since pre OSRS so Ive probably relaxed in how I trade and don't pay as much attention as I should.

    I met a player at the GE who needed 7.5k superior dragon bones and I offered to help them, as higher volume items in the GE are easy to sell back if they decided to just log out without buying them.

    To skip the long part of initiating the trade, while we were in the first trade screen I put up the superior dragon bones, and he put up a single pair of bones and removed them after about 2 seconds. This should have been my biggest red flag but I figure I'll check the second screen good and well anyways. He then puts up 65M which is 2M more than I bought them for, so like a man tryna make bread out here. Once we go into the second screen, a red bar is flashing over the 65M that was on the initial screen. Once again, should've been a red flag but the money was THERE.

    I swear on God I waited at least 10 seconds before accepting the trade and counted the zero's in the 65,000,000. Once I was satisfied that the money was there in the proper amount, I finally hit accept because, well, it was there.

    After I accepted, there was no money, my bones were gone, and the scammer immediately logged out. I know I have a part to blame, and I'm not looking for sympathy or handouts, but it's absolutely crazy how things like this are still happening, especially after not falling for a scam like this in almost 10 years. I'm making this post in hopes that there's more awareness about this particular scam. Trading, even with a confirmation screen, is no longer safe.

    Edit: Crossed that last bit out because, yes it could've been something I overlooked and that it a pretty bold statement to make. I'm just saying that I have no idea what I could've done wrong while making that trade that I hadn't seen hundreds of times before. Animation bug? I do not know. If someone does know better, please leave a comment and I will edit the post accordingly.

    Edit 2: Fell asleep about an hour after making this post and was a bit busy this morning so I didn't have time to reply to anyone. To answer a couple questions:

    1. I have no idea what Shadow Play is, OSRS is the only game I play on my PC.

    2. I do not have a screenshot of the trade as it's not something I really ever do unless I'm lending a valuable item to a clannie.

    3. Apparently u/itsKAOi has had a VERY similar experience as me, down to the scamming player putting up a single of the item that he was asking for, as well as the offending player wearing dark infinity robes(something I didn't mention in the initial post)

    4. Don't ask me why someone would Target me for 65M when they could go for someone with 3A or an Elysian. I wouldn't have the answer. My best guess, people are a lot more weary of extreme value items and wouldn't trade randoms at the GE. Using buy limits as the excuse would be a lot easier to swing while making hefty profit in the long run.

    5. This was not a platinum/gp scam. The money was put in as GP and when I clicked accept, I got absolutely nothing back as opposed to the platinum scam where I may have gotten back 6.5M.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_THAT_WHOOTY
    [link] [comments]

    Controversial update from the biggest essence running discord?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 08:15 AM PDT

    Controversial update from the biggest essence running discord?

    What are everyones thoughts on this? tbh it seems like they did this to rwt the gold. But thats just my opinion

    https://preview.redd.it/nojt47gvxza71.png?width=1125&format=png&auto=webp&s=cf9d3f5544bc10347771ad0082f2c6344bcb0ddd

    submitted by /u/KangarooMundane9618
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Pugger helps out Venezuelan goldfarmer 'Hermano' by setting him up with a youtube channel and audience of 40k subs. Hermano has since ghosted him, causing Sir Pugger to take down his video

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    Konar quo Maten

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    glass ddp++

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    Got membership 3 days ago, tried KBD after a friend showed be how it's done duo. Bond sorted for next week.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 12:21 AM PDT

    Curious if anyone can top this…

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 01:11 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment