• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 22, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Twisted Tales - Getting Ahead

    Old School RuneScape: Twisted Tales - Getting Ahead


    Twisted Tales - Getting Ahead

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Muted Falsely (Evidence shown)

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    [Suggestion] Expand the headless head concept to allow us to cosplay more of our favorite characters

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    When your quality comment gets downvoted to hell

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Maxed my UIM

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    [Mobile] Make the hotbar toggle-able to be on one side of the screen

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    Me last night when I could have been grinding

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    When people ask you how to max

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Your character after hours of ranging with the toxic blowpipe

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Saw all these halloween cosplay posts and I figured I'd share mine: Team Fortress 2's Horseless Headless Horsemann

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    Choose your weapon

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Mike vs Discord bot

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Mod Ash has blessed us once again

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Oh God.... One of the few times I'm surprised by the GE

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    making a new osrs account

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Elvarg Costume (spoilers)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Equilibrium Relic Revealed on Stream

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Ardy Monastery teleport destination tiles: A Review

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    Was made by a mate, for a mate, I'm in love!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    KEKW

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    A week ago I introduced my roommate to OSRS, today he completed his first goal: the skull sceptre

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    LOVING the new rev caves as both a PvMer and PKer. What do you guys think of it?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    As a PvMer:

    • Interactivity: Killing Revs has become way more interactive--I used to just camp there and then tele out at the first sign of a PKer, but now that Singles+ is a thing, I've started bringing anti-PK gear and have been able to pick up a couple kills.

    • Balance: I got killed a couple times, and honestly, it's way less frustrating than it used to be. There's no worse feeling than a 50+ person clan logging on you and getting insta-killed w/o any way to react. Now, the times I have died it felt more or less in my control.

    • Environment: Now that the revs are spread out, I'm enjoying running around the caves killing them, instead of just staying put in a 3 square tile radius. Makes for a nice change of scenery.

    As a PKer:

    • Gear variety: Singles+ has made it so you can actually afford to go in with a decent risk knowing you wont be piled on by a clan. I've noticed a variety of different setups since now people can actually afford to pick and choose from a range of possible gear/risk, instead of just ragging with a c-bow, dds, and mage robes.

    • PKers can Fight PKers: Singles+ made it so now, as a solo PKer, you can fight other PKers. Before this, if I ever solo PKed at rev caves, I would have to log or run away from any other PKer because 9 times out of 10, they're with a clan. Now I can actually engage other PKers, and tbh, killing PKers is more fun than killing PvMers.

    • Increased Suspense: Singles+ makes every kill much more suspenseful--other PvMers have started bringing anti-PK gear because they know they have a chance if they fight back now.

    • No More Raggers: The 100k entrance fee makes every kill worth it, and you don't have to worry about raggers depleting your resources w/o any potential upside if you do kill them.

    Concerns

    • Future Activity Level: With the decreased drop rates, I wonder if the caves will stay busy a month from now. I'm enjoying the current activity level, and hope it stays up.

    • Profitability Balance: The revs being spread around has decreased the loot per hour, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to be able to quantify. Anyone have actual numbers/estimates? It used to be that I could roughly make about as much PKing as killing revs. Now I'm not so sure, but will have to wait until I have a better sense of the drops.

    • Bugs: There have been a couple glitches (multi tile, and the level differences not being calculated correctly), but seems like those are being ironed out as they're raised.

    TLDR

    Overall, loving the new rev caves. So far it has the right amount of activity. My main concern is that it's only as busy as it is right now because it's new. Do you guys think it'll still be busy a month from now?

    submitted by /u/Sweet_Fetal_Jesus
    [link] [comments]

    LOVE the Rev Cave Update. Lets provide feedback to improve what we gained and replace what we lost. Loving it as a singles pker who is part of a large clan.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    Loving the new rev cave update.

    Some background info on me as a player. I have a pure and a main, both of which are official members of large pking clans that go massing on weekends and used to go pking as a clan at revs before the update as a group. I enjoy the multi-pking that occured in the caves, but enjoy more often singles pking. For months, all I do is check out different spots, from Ice Giants to Venanitis to Slayer Task spots and even hunting down HCIM's like SoloMission or C Engineer and world hop. Some profit from PVM'ers, but I like to try to fight back against teams and see if I can take 1-2 out even in singles. Sometimes the main reason I die is because i'm out of food and teleblocked against clans in singles or I was being risky and went pking multi (Elder Chaos Druids and sometimes solo in revs) and got caught by a clan. It's annoying, but it's fine - what's frustrating is that these spots are the only ones where activity is happening sometimes against other pkers. Black chinchompas is a good example of a singles spot that has some max-gear pure, med and main clans just protecting singles and it's difficult to pk solo even there.

    Yesterday I spent it all day singles pking in the caves and it was the perfect combination of pking pvm'ers, with some killing me by fighting back and also fighting pkers. Regardless, the 100k cash made every kill worth it and made every fight worth making sure you want to stay alive to keep your own 100k. Singles Plus+ made it so no fight was pj'ed and one could focus on the task at hand (like in PVP worlds). Made 15M in random loot and cash throughout the day. A lot of posts I see are about the negatives of this update, which it has some, but overall, it is being enjoyed by some people - specifically pkers who enjoy singles and want to have a chance at pking 1 v 1. As a pvmer, the cave lets me weigh my risks by choosing a spot that I want to camp a revenant and only have to tank 1 person. It's fair for the pvmer and pker. Not outbalanced by a mass clan just piling 1 guy without any chance of survival.

    As a pvm'er, I understood why it was busy this first day. If it stays like that, then fine - makes sense and keeps the area busy. If not, then one can camp a bit longer some spots. Regardless, it was fun in singles plus+ to fight back pkers, knowing that I can't get skulled tricked easily or that a clan will not teleblock and tag team me.

    My feedback is the following:

    Rev Caves could be a small gold sink. 100k to enter, 80k or so for the pker.

    Re-organize where some of the revs are, especially the more rewarding ones. Ogres and rev dragon are in some of the safest spots. Saw another great thread providing this feedback already.

    Start having a discussion internally to create a new place where mass clans can almost guarantee to find and fight other mass clans without having to organize. The community does have clans pk on weekends on highly organized masses, but the rev caves provided an alternative 24/7, even for smaller, less organized clans (which hopefully grow or keep on appearing). This is a side effect of the rev cave update, which did benefit single pkers like myself, but hurt this portion of the community (which sometimes overlap).

    Singles Plus+ where else can this be implemented? What can this update do to help us direct other content in a different and hopefully positive direction.

    These are my thoughts and hope it adds to the discussion. Thank you for reading and hope everyone had a great halloween event in OSRS!

    submitted by /u/MageAndWizard
    [link] [comments]

    we did it

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    I've been wanting a fire cape ever since I watched my friend try the fight caves in 2004 at a sleepover. Gregkow, if you still play Runescape, I FUCKING DID IT! :D

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    Interesting

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment