• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Monday, August 3 2020 (posted on 00:11:03 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    suggestion: when someone falls off a rooftop agility course, instantly kill anyone standing below them that they land on top of.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    How is this allowed? Literally killing the game ffs

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Ultimate Ironman VIGGORA'S CHAINMACE (No Protection/Help, No Suiciding, Pked Once)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    I finally did it ! 99 Runecraft in F2P with Earth runes (w/ stats & profit)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    I finally did it ! 99 Runecraft in F2P with Earth runes (w/ stats & profit)

    Hi everyone :D !

    This is my stats (hours, XP, GP) from my very long RC trip. It took me nearly 10 months to accomplish (thanks to covid-19...) and I'm very proud of my accomplishment. I hope that it gives players motivation for their own objectives.

    Have a nice day/night :) !

    EDIT : Correct "October 2020" to "October 2019"

    https://preview.redd.it/4szyzbpeyoe51.png?width=792&format=png&auto=webp&s=6d9fce3ad57fdcaf5e7b53281b05f31d7dc46753

    EDIT 2 (03/08/2020) : Following Q&A Added :

    Wow, I wasn't expecting to get 2 platinum awards and 2 gold awards. Thanks everyone for these awards ! (Honestly, I was expecting a silver award, maximum a gold award).

    Now, a small Q&A following the comments I have read :

    Why did you craft earth runes instead of body runes ?

    For profit mainly. My mindset in F2P is to find the best way for profiting in a single skill. I do this method with the others skills (Pure F2P and P2P).

    Why did I use rune essences instead of pure essences ?

    I play runescape like if I was in RS3, october 2012. In 2008, pure essences were P2P. So, I bought rune essences instead. I also didn't know that they were F2P until now.

    You post a 2605K astral runes achievement, what about it ?

    That post were from my P2P account. This achievement is from my pure F2Per account.

    Do you plan on doing other RC things like that or a 200M XP ?

    No. I achieve my two biggest goals (F2P RC and P2P RC). I don't plan on doing it.

    Did you use mules ?

    No. Some players that I crossed path witness my progression. I consider mules as a form of cheating (even if it's not officially considered cheating). The comment claiming that he/she sees me using mules is false.

    Controversy around the way I played the game.

    I simply play the game the way I want. I'm just gonna said that. I respect the other opinions on the subject, even if the opinions are harsh or brutal. I'm not gonna seek to censor these kind of opinions. I respect the freedom of speech and I welcome harsh and brutal opinion as long as they are constructives and not heinous (inciting violence toward me and/or wanting me death). I'll read them but I won't be debating on that controversy. I'll stick to the methods I use.

    Why did you made the post ? Was it for showing off ?

    No, it wasn't for showing off. When I got that level 99 runecrafting, I was very happy to achieved it even though it was rough sometimes. The thing I want to share with this post is not "look at me, I achieve this very tedious task ! Shoot your upvotes and your awards, I deserve it !". This is simply toxic and immature.

    The thing I want to share with this post is that even if a task (on OSRS or out of OSRS) seems very tedious and nearly impossible to accomplish, a person can achieve it if they find the right reasons to do it. When these reasons are found, the motivation will naturally flow. That's what I believe. Even if the task is considered useless by others, it doesn't matter. What matters is the task brings you something. In my case, the RC journey brought me mathematical practicing, estimation practiting and planning practicing. I enjoyed these practices (even if sometimes, it was tiresome). For the tiring parts, these were others "challenges" that I was gonna faced. I already knew that it wasn't gonna be a super happy ride. I was expecting it. I accomplish the ride and I don't regret it. It was worth it for the knowledge it brought me and for the obvious "rush of dopamine" (being super excited.

    You've made more XP in some work weeks than in some free weeks. Why is that ?

    In my country (Canada), we have some national day-off (christmas, new year and easter for me). In the last week of december and in the first week of January, these two weeks were free-times. Also, the COVID-19 drained alot of work time (If it wasn't for that virus, I would have gain 99 RC in december 2020 because of work day and of school day).

    Also, in my "Free-day", I wasn't only playing RuneScape all days. I was helping people around with cleaning, moving to other places, assisting in parties, preparing meal, cleaning dishes, etc. I had some "breaks".

    Are you okay ? Are you ill, mentally unstable or something ?

    Yes, I'm okay for the most part. I didn't runecraft all the way without some "entertainments". I did things at the same times I was runecrafting. My P2P get some 99s. I finally could finish viewing multiple series on Youtube, I progress in a off-OSRS story project. I've made plenty of RC suggestions to improve RC to become a useful skill instead of being recognize as one of the worst skills to train. Off-screen, like I said in a previous question, I did went out to assist some people in parties, in moving away, in daily household chores, etc.

    The COVID-19 situation, in the other hand, hasn't help me at all lately. My work became a toxic environment where they were imposing load of hours to which I couldn't do due to personal conditions (I won't elaborate on these since it's personal) due to the lack of employees. So I had to quit and I had to move also due to toxic neighbors abusing their rights and a lazy landlord that let them bang on our heads for 6 months straight. I also lost my future dream career path due to these conditions (and more other things) as I also quit my university study field. I'm currently going for an other interesting study field and I'm in a stable places right now. (Note : I will stick with these vagues informations to not get in irl troubles).

    submitted by /u/Fakkal
    [link] [comments]

    I'm Back With An Another Issue of The Gielinor's Finest Source"TM The Rune!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    Dragon Pickaxe made from glass (by Runecraft Glass)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    [x] Doubt

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Adultening has never been easier on e you acquire the bond

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Nieve run he can attack you! Oh my god she has public chat off. (Modelled a certain famous pker.)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    Suggestion - Heron Transmog to different Seabirds

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    melon go doot doot

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Vet'ion pet after pkers chased me off and finished the kill

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    Allow players to display trimmed armor in their P.O.H

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Dragon pick axe

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    Ive had worse days at Arma

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Update Anguish ornament kit to be a cuban link

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    This is master farmers every world at Draynor. Watched them grow from babies 2 weeks ago at Ardy and they already have more Rocky pets than I will ever have.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    It really be like that sometimes

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    My First Ever 99

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    I was doing a hard clue scroll when.... C'mon Jagex.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    Justiciar ranger by @Legend_Arts

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Thanks Duradel

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    Why god

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    Baby blue

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment