• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 18, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Wednesday, March 18 2020 (posted on 00:06:56 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t know what happened there

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    HD Client I've been working on

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    I don't care if it isn't because of OSRS. I have convinced myself that it is and its hilarious

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    AFKing at Earth Warriors and all of the sudden one hits you with Fire Surge. RIP

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    When my friend asks how I'm holding up in "quarantine"

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    Vote no on crystal shard proposals

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Having crystal shards be a separate system from the GE forces people to farm them on their own instead of just buying everything they need which is something that regular accounts need more of.

    Making a system where you can just buy shards or even trade buyable crystal tool/armor/weapon seeds in for shards will make prif areas less useful as all of the shards brought into the economy would be supplied by bots and gold farmers. It also removes the incentive to level herblore to craft high level potions which would tank the divine potion market. Also being able to just buy shards to charge crystal seed gear and make elven crystal keys would remove unique gameplay aspects from the game.

    This is of course just my opinion but having a unique system for acquiring and using shards should remain separated from the GE for the reasons mentioned above.

    EDIT: Someone also pointed out the 12k per shard alch price. I don't understand why Jagex would propose this insane value when one of the things they've been trying to fight for so long is the huge amount of gold coming into the game. It looks like you'd get around 400k worth of shard alchs per hour just at zalcano. I really hope these changes dont pass. Also there are an awful lot of people that seem to be for this change so I'm kinda scared that it might go through.

    submitted by /u/Neogreenyew
    [link] [comments]

    Jagex, could you PLEASE review an incorrect ban that has been placed on my account which I cannot appeal!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    After trying to reach out to Jmods on various platforms I have resorted to making this public post to try and have my problem officially reviewed.

    On Thursday the 12th of March my main account ('06', previously called 'Jvh') was permanently banned for Real World Trading. I firmly believe this ban has been incorrectly applied to me in the circumstances and I wish for it to be formally reviewed on the grounds that I have NEVER participated in any activity relating to Real World Trading in RuneScape. I want to stress that this is the only offense on my account which is the product of approximately 7,000 hours of play time – almost a full year's gameplay. The age, extensive game time played, and the otherwise completely clean track-record of my account shows the commitment I have to playing RuneScape and also demonstrates my history of ongoing respect of the Rules of RuneScape before this accident occurred.

    I recently found out about the name trading community and although this seemed sketchy at first after searching for verification that name trading is allowed I found that Jagex has never prohibited the general buying and selling of names for GP. Activities such as hoarding names for sale, or the sale of names for real-life money has clearly been stated to be against the rules, but I stress that RWT is not the kind of activity I engaged in. Please see this relevant twitter post stating that buying names with GP isn't breaking any rules. From this I can only understand that I did not break the game rules by buying or selling names according to the rules of Runescape as I only ever did so for in-game GP and never for anything else.

    Unfortunately, under the current system of bans and appeals Jagex will not disclose the evidence relied upon when issuing RWT permanent bans; however, from the circumstances I think that I know what made their system incorrectly flag me as a potential real world trader.

    Over the course of the last three months I have been active in the name trading community, more specifically trading 2-character names which, as these names are considered quite rare, I traded a good chunk of GP for. Transferring these names is a big risk due to name-sniping bots, therefore to protect myself and the players I trade with I have always had a friend with a lot of experience and reputation in name-selling help me as a middleman (MM) for the trade. On the 12th of March I engaged in what was going to be my final name trade to buy the username (08) to match with a name I already had (06) – this trade was for 1.6B and was the entire value of my bank at the time. I believe that the 1.6B GP trade that I conducted potentially raised a red flag within the Jagex anti-cheating detection system. The name 08 was not banned during this time as is correct; however, my main 06 seems to have been accidentally implicated in a chain ban relating to the MM.

    To summarise the events of 12 March: I traded 1.6B GP from my main (06) to the middleman who then transferred the name '08' to me. When the MM tried to log back in he could not, and found that he had been banned. He reported this to me so I immediately checked my main to see if anything had happened to that account – at this time everything was fine. I attempted to log in 3 hours later simply to check my farming patches only to find that a ban had been applied to 06. As the MM I used is a high-volume name trader of rare names I cannot say what other kinds of trades they conducted with users; however, the trade I conducted with him was entirely for in-game gold only and contained no element of RWT. I believe this person's other activities may have warranted their own ban but in applying that Jagex mistakenly penalised me for my legitimate trade involving him.

    My account was on front page of the clue scroll hiscores with over 14,000 clues completed. At a total level of 2208 with high-end completionist activities completed such as Castle Wars Gold Decorative Armour, Champions Cape and a Bloodhound pet I have always approached the game with the rules in mind as I would never want to jeopardise these accomplishments.

    With this post I would kindly like to ask for someone to review my RWT ban as I don't think it is a rightfully placed ban but I understand how the mistake could have been accidentally made.

    I'm adding an Imgur album with pictures of the currently banned account. I would be glad to talk openly to anyone, especially Jmods, about this ban and a possible solution for it. Prior to this I have reached out to several Jmods; I only received reply from Mod Stevew who could not assist me with this. I kindly ask that a Jmod who can help with account appeals please contact me as I wish to clear my name and return to the game that I enjoy playing and wish to continue doing so for many years to come. :)

    submitted by /u/osrs-jvh
    [link] [comments]

    I see 'working from home' is treating everyone well

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Today on interesting design choices: You can fill a full sack from the bank, but not an empty one.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Small QOL/ Suggestion

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    My cat just chilling with his big brother.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    Suggestion - burn god pages to create burnt pages

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    Currently sara/guthix/bandos pages are virtually worthless, and burnt pages are hard to come by on an ironman.

    I don't know if it would be 1:1, maybe 10:1

    submitted by /u/fred1674
    [link] [comments]

    Are you guys having trouble with this quest also?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Kept 2 blocks distance just to be sure..

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Ethically, should we be killing bosses that can pray?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    Kalphite Queen can use protection prayers. It is my theory that it understands the concept of gods which indicates it is capable of higher thought. If it is capable of higher thought, it must be capable of emotions and feelings, it might have a family.

    Therefore, it is not ethical to kill anything with those capabilities.

    This post is completely unrelated to the fact I am stuck in my house.

    submitted by /u/EvilledzOSRS
    [link] [comments]

    New f2p player here trying to save up to a bond, I hate competing with bots for resources. Ty Dark Wizard for your service.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    I can no longer play the game...

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    New grip tape came in today! ����

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    The live monkey you get as a reward from Monkey Madness II can be alched. Why Jagex, why? :(

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Finally got Graador. 4041KC.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    QoL suggestion: Move the ardy farm leprechaun farther away so that we get even more exercise running all the way to him

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Aye, may the Dog walk by yer side pls

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Started Monday now I'm here

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment