• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 18, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Saturday, January 18 2020 (posted on 00:07:37 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Bargain Brothers 2: Six Golden Boys

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:26 PM PST

    I did a beginner Treasure Trail which involved making a pair of leather chaps for Charlie the Tramp. This was my reward. Time well spent.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:31 AM PST

    [Suggestion] Some ideas for a Desert expansion

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:20 AM PST

    1st ever post on Reddit, my childhood dream has been fulfilled!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Interview with Rendi & xzact: The Fire Cape Race

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:30 AM PST

    Interview with Rendi & xzact: The Fire Cape Race

    ________________________________________

    Hello r/2007scape. Due to recent events I felt like the perfect next interview would be with one of the two protagonists of the Lvl 3 Fire Cape feat. I contacted xzact to interview him and he agreed to do but he also suggested that it would be more interesting to conduct a dual interview with Rendi. So yeah, this is the interview. I will ask 20 questions to xzact, 20 questions to Rendi and then another 10 questions which they will answer together. Enjoy the interview.

    ________________________________________

    Rendi

    Rendi is an Old School Runescape content creator. He became an icon in 2019, thanks to his content on YouTube and Twitch. He is also well known for his skill and understanding of the game aswell as his creativity.

    ________________________________________

    Follow Rendi on:

    ·Twitter: @Rendi_mento
    ·Youtube: Rendi
    ·Twitch: Rendimento

    ________________________________________

    xzact

    xzact is an Old School Runescape content creator. Known for his Youtube guides and high level PvM content which includes The Inferno (on low level accounts) and solo Teathre of Blood. He's also the record holder for lowest level Infernal cape.

    ________________________________________

    Follow xzact on:

    ·Twitter: @xzact7
    ·Youtube: xzact
    ·Twitch: xzact

    ________________________________________

    Interview with Rendi

    17th January 2020

    1º How's a day in the life of Rendi?

    The day in the life of Rendi is pretty boring, I am almost always working on something related to my videos, whether it be looking for something fresh to do, or just sitting there editing a video. Speaking of which, I often sit in a chair way too much of the day, besides maybe taking my dog out or stretching. Occssionally I will go out and do something enjoyable, but usually I have very little free time. When I do get a chance for some free time, I usually almost always will first spend it with my girlfriend or family.

    2º Spicy question to start with. Do you feel any jealous about xzact getting the level 3 cape few hours before you (considering your insane dedication over the past few years?

    No not at all, me and Xzact are good friends. We actually kind of worked together on this last finale to the fight caves competition for a change. Our original plan was to release our records the same time no matter who got it first, so as to maybe not kill each other over the timing of the competition. Unfortunately though, some things got leaked through others in the process. But to be honest, personally, I could care less about timing, I am just glad that I personally never have to step foot in fight caves ever again. This was also more of a personal goal for myself, not necessarily a race or something to prove to anyone, but myself. If people really want to argue "who won", you could even say something even as stupid as the fact that I have lower combat xp, but I like to just focus on the fact that we both helped each other along the way, and we both finished the race. Plus I made a new friendship out of this whole ordeal!

    3º You must be one of the players with highest knowledge of ingame mechanics. Tell us about the process of discovering hidden mechanics and developing strategies. (testing, theorizing, who do you discuss with, hours spent...)

    It all started in the fight caves many years ago, mainly just from trying to beat my own records. I would really just question and test everything to go lower. This lead me to testing and discovering many different in game mechanics / strategies almost as a hobby, and eventually I even found many which were completely unrelated to the caves. As a result, to this day, I honestly get the most joy out of this game by just sitting down and theorycrafting / testing wild ideas. MY FAVORITE THING IS NOT doing some crazy click intensive hand cramping game play, I enjoy the relaxing aspect of going on a simple hunt instead. Some days I will sit there going down an endless spiral of different features to test in a 30 minute quest for 12+ hours just for the hell of it. MaulerOSRS, Vanna BA, and Chestbrah😉 are probably my favorite go-to individuals to go on these hunts with, as we share ideas and most of our testing requires multiple accounts.

    4º Your content creation career has blown up since you started releasing 'Lower The Better' but before that what content did you use to make? (Twitch, youtube) and How did you learn to edit so well?

    I have actually been on Youtube on the same account since 2006, and all while uploading solely Runescape focused content. So hilariously enough, I have seen creators even as old as ChrisArchieProds etc surpass my channel in views/subscribers.

    The only thing which has changed was that before 2019, I was maybe uploading 2-3 times a year on average, and I never had the time to take YouTube seriously. What made the difference is that I finally saved up enough money and gotten my life sorted around February of 2019 to finally pursue Youtube as a fulltime job. At this time I chose to do so I was at only 5k subs. So, I put all my cards on the table here to literally pursue something I have been dreaming about since I was a child. And the best part is, I already vaguely knew how to edit on Sony Vegas from the last 13 years of Youtube. My main content used to just be PK videos, and therefore those outrageous standards of edits back in the day really influenced the style I do today. I also did do Twitch streaming for quite some time in 2014/2013, and actually I was averaging some extemely high view counts for 30ish combat fire capes and obby mauler pking content. I actually reached top of RS Twitch back in 2014 when almost no one knew what tick eating was. Funny story, but I hopped on my 37 prayer account on Jad and started tick eating the range attack. Everyone was just blown away by how I wasn't dying and I instnatly spiked to like 1k+ viewers. Oh how the times have changed😂. But yeah, I couldn't keep up the regular streams with school at the time.

    5º What's the episode of 'Lower the Better that took you longest to finish?

    I would say the barrows gloves episode. I got stuck in a mindless loop of testing everything under the sun to make sure I was getting the lowest combat possible. I also found myself in the meantime looking at all the 176 QP req'd quests for unrelated issues.

    Lower Level Barrows Challenge

    6º Did you give up on any challenge? What was the hardest one you have ever done?

    Surprisingly enough the only challenge I completely gave up on was the Slug Menace quest at the lowest combat possible. This was because Recruitment Drive's boss room was no longer skippable after a Slayer Musiq guide on it for 10 hp back in 2016. Although, expect an update on that one maybe soon, innovations have occured.

    7º Where do you get ideas from to make 'Lower The Better'?

    I mainly use past experiences to figure if something is possible, or if someone has done something similar, and go building an episode from there. Seldomly though, I will also see a nice suggestion from my comment section which sparks my interest and leads to a video.

    8º If you had to guess... how many OSRS accounts do you have?

    I honestly have no clue. I would say between 100-200. Even when I was 10 years old I would scrap accounts and make new ones almost every month.

    9º Now that the race is over (i think) How much time will it pass before you come back to the Fight Caves?

    Hopefully never again.

    10º About the Inferno... can xzact sleep peacefully at night?

    So, I was all about grinding for the lowest level inferno in August-November of 2018, and I got 2nd place behind Adwaam's 59 cb at the time, being at 61 combat. The innovations with the inferno strats in just a year and a half though by Xzact and others have left me in the dust, as I haven't even touched Inferno since that last achievement there of mine. If I ever go about that record, I am going to need to be pretty financially stable as it is going to take at least 3 solid months to get to his level likely. As well, I have already heard others more advanced than myself are pushing to break that record as we speak. Also, my hands need a break after this last one, so atleast the likely answer for attempting this even this year is probably a no!

    11º How do you afford so many purple sweets?

    I am actually in debt to MaulerOSRS, he has probably lent me over 100k sweets at this point. So really, I can't afford it 😂. Usually my friends pitch in for most of the challenges I do, and I am lucky to have such good friends.

    12º December 2019... how was your life during this month? (fire capes records being broken constantly, communication with xzact, hours dedicated)

    My life has been rough this last month, I won't lie. I could probably call this even the biggest grind of my life, and its been over a point and click game. I have been easily putting in 90+ hour work weeks. The mental stress from it has taken a toll on me, and I am looking to take a bit of a break after this upload, if I can afford to. I need to spend more time with my girlfriend, friends, and family.

    13º I think one of your most controversial videos is the "The Hidden Runescape Duplication Glitch'. Is there anthing you want to say about it almost 3 months later... (there were a lot of mixed opinions, fake rumours...)

    Yeah, I kind of lost some respect for the community after this video. People were saying I called myself a hero or something, and I definitely didn't, although a lot of other people did, which I didn't want happening. I am sorry if it came off like that, I didn't intend for it to be at all focused around myself. I just knew so much about this dupe happening because it turned out to be some of my old clanmates (in the clan chat I own) who actually performed this glitch. So it was kind of like a personal experience, and that is why I portrayed it as one, likely here is where I went wrong. Also because of the "hero" response thing, this lead to a couple of people I knew, and even some I didn't know at all, spreading lies for some reason about me with no evidence saying "I caused this + did this and that". In reality, everything said in the video is 100% true from my personal experience. In this case it flipped and kind of became like a witch hunt, and people were even posting a twittlonger from though who shall not be named. , who I have never even spoken to before this. He was saying all this total garbage about me, and it left me in a very bad place mentally for a while that so many people would believe everything coming out of this persons mouth after just reading it. People think upvotes are truth, and I think that is where the entire situation went wrong. People also blamed me for the servers getting ddosed around that time and somehow thought that "people were trying to crash the server" by ddosing. Well thats impossible, as ddosing the servers can't cause a real server crash or save state glitch to the game, and this was happening even before the dupe, likely in retaliation by some gold sites. And lastly, yes, the crashes were fixed and I made sure they were fixed before posting the video, hence why no dupes happened for now 3 months after. Anyways yeah, I could go on and on about this one, but we can save that for another time😂.

    The Hidden Runescape Duplication Glitch

    14º Who, what is Chestbrah? (an absolute icon nowdays) Tell us about the background of this character.

    The character of Chestbrah can be good or bad, it just depends on the day. I will say this though, he is always very arrogant and believes he knows literally everything better than you or I, but in the end he always lends a helping hand and is a very good friend.

    15º One of the best things about 'Lower the Better' is your capability to mix humour and very indepth mechanical explanations in one video which any average Runescape players can enjoy. What do you think is the secret of your success?

    I think the secret is a lot of what you said. I try to make the most technical of explanations a little lighthearted so that you aren't being drilled with information for 20 minutes straight. I also believe that if you want to market yourself for success you have to start out by focusing on what you are good at, which is what I have tried my best at doing this entire last year.

    16º What's the best and worst thing about the community? (Why do you get in 'fights' with certain people) What do you want everyone to know about you?

    The best thing about the community is their love for the game, I can definitely see it, even between the lines and within all of the little memes posted all over Reddit. The community treats this game as a part of their life, and I think that is what makes it so special. I also wanted to thank the community for hyping up the challenge between me and Xzact. Personally it has made my achievements feel so much greater than they really are, by being able to share them with the world.

    Now.. for the worst part about the community, I would say the upvotes being truth thing I mentioned earlier is mainly the worst thing I have experienced. It comes in many, many ways. For example: One influencer who doesn't like me will like something that is talking bad about me, and it will show up to all of his supporters. From there this liked post it will spiral out of control and because this post has so many likes no, it is "truth". I try to avoid confrontation at all costs now with certain people, but almost all my *fights* have sprung from the 1 minute of KempQ banter I put into the 18 combat video. PS I swear I really just meant it as banter. But, I did learn one thing from that early experience in content creation: if it is questionable, don't even risk it. If I could take anything back from last year, it would likely be that. Let's just say, I was a noob and a lot of people were friends with KempQ😂.Lastly, there are two things I want everyone to know. The first is that my video style focuses around my achievements because achievements in the Runescape community spark interest. Unfortunately because 99% of my videos are achievements, a lot of people think its just because I am a "show off". The second thing I would like you all to know is that I like responding to a lot of my audience, even "trolls". I just enjoy communication.

    17º What's your main motivation in order to continue 'breaking the game'? Do you apply your passion to other games?

    My main motivation for breaking the game is that once it is broken, the possibilities are limitless. I love creativity, and a game like Runescape has so many options, even before it is broken. I do not actually apply this to any other games, but I definitely love to apply the creative aspect of it to my every day life. I have always loved to question many many things.

    18º What other hobbies do you have?

    This year I have had almost no time or money for hobbies. That sounds pretty sad😂, but I have enjoyed the grind.My main hobby right now is just spending time with my girlfriend when I have the opportunity to. Today is her 21st birthday, so I will actually be doing just that here soon! (Sorry for the delayed upload). Before 2019 though, just going out with friends was probably my main hobby.

    19º How active are you on PvP? What do you think about the current state of PvP?

    I have published probably over 40 PK videos over the years, but honestly I haven't touched PvP in about 4 years. I just got really burnt out of it. I feel like PvP content fails after countless updates, and I am not really sure what would bring it back for good at this point. Maybe something totally non combat related?

    20º What are your 2020 goals? (personal, game, youtube/twitch...)

    My main goal is to be more financially independent through Youtube so that I can maybe take some time off and spend it with the people who matter, whilst still devoting time to the content creation I love. This last year for me was the first real year of creation, and therefore it was really about the grind for me. I want 2020 to be a little more relaxing. I also want to branch into IRL content, it has been my dream for a while to create videos among that sanctuary of limitless opportunities. For Runescape content, who knows? Maybe me and Xzact will team up with some others to bring you some fresh content later this year😉.

    ________________________________________

    Interview with xzact

    15th January 2020

    1° How is a day in the life of xzact?

    I'm currently in university so it really depends on what is happening on campus and what people are doing. I log on RS a bit most days, but now I only play a lot if there's an active challenge/goal I'm working towards.

    2° When and why did you decide to take part of the 'race to lowest fire cape'?

    After Rendi released his 17 combat fire cape beating his old 18 combat record. At the time it was just a "try it and see what happens" kind of thing, because I was interested in how to get an account to the Inferno with as little exp as possible. I was surprised to actually get the cape that run, and realized it would be interesting to improve the record for the fight caves itself.

    3° Why did you remain silent after getting the lvl 3 fire cape? When did 'xzcute' / 'Brug 2' entered the Fight caves?

    Rendi and I had been talking during it, so I knew he was about to get the level 3 cape too. For the previous fire cape reveals (level 14, level 9, level 8), it had always been to surprise each other & shock the community, but as we approached the end we decided to change it up and work together. Truthfully, as people have pointed out before, Rendi deserves the most recognition as he has put forth 99% of the innovation and new methods. So I tried to hide the cape until it was time, double name-swapping with a RSN that already had Jad KC to dodge scripts scraping the hiscores for new fire capes.

    4° What's your relationship like with Rendi? Is there anything you want to tell him after this long race? Did you talk much with him during the lvl 3 attempts? How did he react when you completed the lvl 3 run?

    Rendi and I are friends, when jad was kill he was the first one I told and he congratulated me. We chat over discord often so this has already been said between us, but I'm thankful we did this together, pushing each other to always do better, and finishing the journey in the way we did.

    5° What are your ingame goals now after this? Dust on your pure like Twitch description claims?

    Level 2 infernal.

    6° What are you more proud of: lvl 3 fire cape or lvl 46 infernal? What's more complicated?

    Low combat Inferno. For the fight caves I just copied Rendi and occasionally added my own twist, but for Inferno I was always coming up with my own path forward. Although for both, many people helped with strategy and planning behind the scenes. For example, I mapped out this Inferno wave without previous reference: https://youtu.be/gIfu1kUr_jk

    And I was probably the one of the few people to ever see this screen (Zuk, Jad, 4 healers, 4 mages, 3 rangers): https://imgur.com/PIvLui4

    xzact's lvl 46 infernal cape clip

    7° Will you push the lowest infernal cape record any lower? (like your initial adamant crossbow tries)

    We'll see! The Inferno record can and will be beaten, but maybe not by me...

    8° What if Rendi takes your infernal cape record? Are you up for another battle?

    Aa

    9° To put into perspective, If any of us decided to go for lvl 3 firecape (having completed fight caves before) How many hours of learning and dedication could we expect? And purple sweets? How many have you used?

    The thing about the level 3 challenge is, there are no checkpoints. Any mistake will erase all your progress on an account, so you have to be 100% confident with the relevant game mechanics and being able to (ab)use them. It's hard to put a time frame on that for anyone - for example prayer flicking comes easily to me, but tick eating took way longer to figure out than it might for someone else. I probably used around 75K sweets in total across all the low level fight caves attempts.

    10° How did you manage to stay in the race while dealing with university?

    The timing worked out so that the final grind for level 3 cape (which for me took by far the longest) was after exams and during holiday from school, so that way I didn't have to worry too much about juggling the two.

    11° You sound nice and fun on stream. How would you describe yourself and does anyone IRL knows about your Runescape's success?

    Thanks, I try to make the stream an enjoyable place to be. I'm a pretty laid back person but I'll definitely work seriously at something if I want to go after it. I mostly keep RS and IRL separate.

    12° I think you were one of the first persons to solo Theatre of Blood, were you a recognized PvMer before and how did you learn the rooms?

    I hadn't really shared any achievements before the solo Theatre of Blood runs. When i first posted a screenshot of getting loot from solo ToB, Woox actually commented that it might be fake (understandably) and roasted my 1800 total level LOL. I learned the rooms in Free-for-all worlds ("the sewers") back when ToB was released, took around 80 tries to get my first completion

    13° Do you expect some recognition from Jagex after such great achievement? Maybe a irl fire cape similar to Woox's :D?

    No, that's not really my thing. I'm flattered that you bring up Woox, but you really can't compare us when it comes to the sheer amount of skill, innovation, and inspiration that Woox has brought to Runescape over many, many years.

    14° Who do you talk to or discuss strategies with?

    Anyone really, I'm pretty open about discussing the strategies I use for challenges like the fight caves

    15° What do you think of PvP? Are you any active on your accounts?

    I used to 3-hit people with Gmaul at Edgeville when OSRS first came out, PvP has evolved quite a bit since then and can't compete anymore with the skill cap :(

    16° What do you think of skilling? (Pretty sure you dislike it a lot, sometimes you say on stream fun stuff like "guess what, today i got 1 smithing level") Will you ever max your main?

    Swampman good Rc bad

    17° What other hobbies do you have?

    What is a hobbie? Haven't heard of that haha... Other than RS, I like biking and music, and I've been trying to get into visual arts a bit though I really suck at drawing.

    18° Who are your ingame inspirations and what are your favorite content creators?

    Oh, too many to list here. Adwaam, the god of Inferno. BFRocket, favorite streams to hang out and chill. From other games I take inspiration from Juzcook and CarlSagan42 for the energy they bring to their videos & streams.

    19° You are coming up lately with really nice YouTube videos, like your Theatre of Blood short guides ( very useful from experience), inferno guide and of course the fire capes records. Do you prefer now making videos or streaming on Twitch? What's your future projection regarding this content creation area?

    When it comes to going for achievements like Fire Cape/Inferno, it's definitely more stressful to do livestreams compared to a video. If you're streaming, everyone will see everything if you fail. Twitch chat can also get really toxic, but I guess that's just how the internet goes. Both formats are enjoyable for me to present though, and hopefully for people to watch. I do both YT and Twitch for fun and in my free time, so unless those channels happen to grow like crazy I'll do something else as a career.

    20° What do you expect for 2020? (personal goals...)

    It'll be an exciting year for me, graduating university and on to the real world! It'll be a big change and it's scary, but I'm also looking forward to it.

    Extra questions:

    Is there anything you want to tell the community or fans?

    Nothing other than thank you! I never thought this fire cape journey would be captivating for so many people, it's a privilege to be able to entertain everyone.

    What's the exact reason a lvl 3 fire cape was more possible than ever? I don't believe both Rendi's and yours' runs came down to a 1/13.

    Find out in the video :o

    ________________________________________

    Joint Interview

    17th Jan 2020

    1º Rendi, xzact waiting on you to finish the run before revealing the achievement was a brilliant sign of class and sportmanship. Was it the plan since the beginning to wait on eachother when apparently both runs were going to be successful?

    Rendi:

    Originally I believe this was the plan for 4 combat cape actually as we thought that might be the finale, but we had altered our plans slightly when we saw Woox might be going for it as well, and also because Xzact had decided to just headed straight forward to attempt the 3 combat instead of the 4 once realizing it's possibility. Since I went on to attempt the 3 combat as well right after releasing the 4, we both pretty much agreed upon reverting to our original plans for this finale once again.

    2º If Rendi died at Jad, what would you have done? (Wait more time?)

    Rendi:

    I would have told him to go ahead and post, I felt bad making him wait as long as he did already. A death at Jad would likely mean like a whole 5+ days more.

    xzact:

    Rendi was very flexible and agreed I could announce the cape whenever, I think we would have looked at the time frame to see if it would make sense to wait. Either way things worked out, and we all learned never to doubt that Rendi goes hard.

    3º When did you meet eachother? Was it due to the 'fire cape race'?

    Rendi:

    I believe met Xzact about a year ago when I found him on Twitch while he was just starting to do 1 defence cape runs, and practicing for low levels back in January of 2019. I really enjoyed the strategies he was using, especially the 2 tick pray flicking alteration strategy on the blobs, for safe measures. I like the aspect of safety first lol. I subbed to his channel back then, and have since. Mainly because I just thoroughly enjoy all of his streams, and now with the Twitch update I have that juicy founder badge. If I have time to hop on Twitch and Xzact is streaming, you can bet I want to see what he is doing, as of course it is probably something just downright insane.

    xzact:

    I've known Rendi for around a year, he's one of my longest subscribers on Twitch. We first messaged discussing game mechanics around then. The fire cape race set us up against each other some time after that (we really were competing and trying to beat each other)

    4º xzact, describe Rendi. Rendi, you describe xzact.

    Rendi:

    Xzact is one of the most kindest down to earth people I know. He is real. The man gives credit where credit is due, and he just acts like a complete gentleman to everyone even in his stream chats. Also he is just amazing at the game, but that's a given.

    xzact:

    Rendi is one of the most driven people I know, the man sets his mind on something and overcomes all obstacles to get it done. That will take him far in whatever he chooses to do, I'm always excited to see what content he creates next.

    5º When will the lvl 3 videos be released? What can we expect from them? I feel like an insane documentary about the race could be done.

    Rendi:

    I think we are planning for Sunday morning. Mine will cover almost all of the main basis of techniques on what went into it, as well as my personal history with the fight caves, as this originally was originally a personal goal. I have some really old clips I managed to find off an old hard drive.

    xzact:

    Soon! And yes, we have been discussing with people the possibility of a video regarding the progression of the lowest combat fire cape, which extends quite a bit beyond just the two of our achievements.

    6º So many reddit posts and ideas about ingame referecences/status for both of you lately. xzact said he doesn't need them. Rendi, what about you? is xzact wrong?

    Rendi:

    No Xzact is right, statue or what not is kind of unneeded and feels a little too much.

    7º So... how were your Christmas? Did you guys avoid any celebrations to continue the Fight Cave? Rendi had the last laugh of the year huh?

    Rendi:

    I somehow managed to celebrate 3 Christmas's with different sides of the family. But between that, yeah I was on Runescape a lot lol.

    xzact:

    I made sure to take time off, I think around 4 days completely no fight caves attempts to make sure I spent some quality time with family and friends. Definitely stressful to think I might be "falling behind," but in the end the timing worked out well without having to sacrifice too much in that regard.

    8º If you both joined forces... Would you be the perfect PvM duo team in OSRS?

    Rendi:

    We were thinking of maybe doing something unique with group iron man mode when it comes out, but it is likely a little too far away to tell at this point.

    xzact:

    Haha I wouldn't say that. Rather than being all-around PvMers, Rendi and I both tend to find specific challenges we want to do and dig deep. Also we mostly have targeted solo achievements in the past. That being said, I'm eager for any opportunities to team up in the future :)

    Rendi:

    Also on addition to Xzact's response on #8 btw, that is spot on. I wouldn't even consider myself a pvmer. I've never even raided before.

    9º Will your paths cross again anytime soon? Any plans, collaborations...?

    Rendi:

    Should have read this question first haha, but yeah. And maybe other collabs in the future are bound to happen besides that first possibility. But still nothing is 100%

    xzact:

    I hope so!

    10º This is the last bit of the interview. Rendi, xzact, do you have anything else to say to the community?

    Rendi:

    Thanks once again for the amazing memes and hype behind the competition that we got to experience on a daily basis, it honestly probably helped me keep my sanity.😂

    xzact:

    (from previous interview) Nothing other than thank you! I never thought this fire cape journey would be captivating for so many people, it's a privilege to be able to entertain everyone.

    ________________________________________

    Thanks both Rendi and xzact for taking your time to answer every question and for entertaining the community with such intense Fire Cape race.

    ________________________________________

    What an awesome interview we had! Please make sure to check out their content, it really is worth it. Some links of interest:

    Rendi's Lower the Better playlist
    Rendi's Combat Level 4 Fire Cape
    Rendi's The Hidden Runescape Duplication Glitch video

    xzact's Inferno videos
    xzact's Theatre of Blood short guides
    xzact's Lowest level Fire Cape playlist

    ________________________________________

    So... that's everything! Thanks everyone for reading, I hope you enjoyed it as much I did!. A big hug to all the beautiful redditors that comment on my interviews and like them. I have planned to \try* interviewing this people next: Settled, Mod West, Mod Ed (special thanks to Spineweilder, head admin of the OSRS wiki, I've received your questions), Mod Acorn (or any Community manager). If you have questions for them, make sure to send me a private message on Reddit and I'll try my best to include them. I'm always reading your comments.*

    Cynth_ia

    ________________________________________

    More interviews:

    ________________________________________

    submitted by /u/Cynth_ia
    [link] [comments]

    Why RoT was unable to DDoS the Venezuelan army

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:51 PM PST

    My face after rounding up my first group of dust devils and then realizing I forgot to switch to the ancient spellbook

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:31 AM PST

    Title here

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:54 AM PST

    When you tell King Roald that you've killed the Temple Guardian

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:34 PM PST

    I may not have gotten one of those fancy two-handed trophies during Twisted League. But at least now I can drown my sorrows about it with twice the efficiency. Until the next league, cheers!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Something about this name seems off...

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:18 AM PST

    2 Things I learned from getting my first firecape today: 1. I am truly awful at PvM and 2. This community is outstanding for giving support. Thanks everyone who was one here for the advice and well wishing along the way!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:14 AM PST

    When you decide to grind some f2p levels before going for membership

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:51 PM PST

    Is it me or is the Queen starting to look like a gnome child?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Staking bad

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Me showing up to the twisted league drop party

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:59 PM PST

    6k KC At Grotesques I Just Want The Pet PLEASE SEND HELP!!!!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:43 AM PST

    teaser

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:56 PM PST

    guard of varrock

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:19 PM PST

    In the Games Industry - (ex-Mod) Mat K - Today: 20:00 UTC

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:15 AM PST

    Hey again!

    I'm Shauny, I worked for Jagex for close to six years, during that time I was always fascinated about the lives of people who worked on RuneScape/Old School RuneScape.

    Lately I've started to interview Jmods on stream about their time at Jagex and really got to dive into stories behind their projects which has been a ton of fun.

    Later on today, I'll be talking to /u/ModMatK who's happy to share stories about his time in Jagex and I'd love to take this opportunity to gather topics/questions you'd like me to ask him during a livestream!

    It'll take place today at 20:00 UTC on my Twitch channel, if you have anything you'd like me to ask him or chat about please feel free to reply!

    To give you an idea of what we'll be discussing, here's the topic list I have so far for today which Mat is happy to talk about.


    • How you got to Jagex
    • Any pre-OS stories
    • Creation of OS, what was your part in it
    • OS launches, what was the team back then and what stories do you have
    • How did the poll system come about and why 75%?
    • 2013 Clan Cup, any memories?
    • The early days of server outages in 2014, how difficiult was that to handle?
    • Zeah
    • Crack the Clue
    • There were various attempts to launch a new skill, Artisans, Sailing, Warding. Artisans, Sailing and Warding were turned down, do you think this hurt the game that they weren't voted for?
    • Deadman mode, pressures of running a tournament, what happened in controversial modes such as Woox's DQ or the finals that had to be reran, any stories?
    • What did you think of the original iteration of Last Man Standing?
    • Chambers of Xeric
    • Inferno
    • Theatre of Blood
    • May 2019, Jagex depature
    • Where do you see OS in a years time, or even 5 years time?
    • Do you think the 75% threshold for polls still holds up?
    • Were there any missed opportunities in your mind to make OS bigger/popular?
    • Was there any internal pressure to try and monetize OS?
    • Did you enjoy the memes?
    • What was the most challenging piece of content to create?
    • When something goes wrong how hard is it to deal with the backlash?
    • General stories to share about staff, etc
    submitted by /u/Shaunyowns
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone in their Twisted Slayer helm

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Thought I'd try out some KBD for my black dragon task...

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:21 AM PST

    Finally got the Lobster Dog pet!!!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Omfg my first pet ever

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:10 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment