• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 30, 2019

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:07 PM PST

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Saturday, November 30 2019 (posted on 00:07:35 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Account permed with no evidence for bug abuse major, no luck on twitter so hoping for a response here instead.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:02 AM PST

    After last Thursday's game update, my account 'Xyborg' was permanently b a n n e d for bug abuse major with no evidence or opportunity for appeal. Because I share a few acquaintances in common with Rendi and some of those who work with him on videos (and who knows what else), I believe the ban may have been due in some way to a belief on Jagex's part that I had to do with the dupe bug.

    I am unable to view evidence for the offense and recieved no response on twitter except the canned JagexSupport tweet, so I'm hopeful that making a post here will at least give me some closure on why the ban was applied, if not an opportunity to prove my innocence - which I firmly believe I can do if given the opportunity.

    /u/Jagex_weath I think you're the smackdown guy so I'd appreciate some sort of response here. Tagging /u/JagexAcorn and /u/JagexTyran as well since I believe they're mods who can review account offenses too.

    submitted by /u/Xyborg
    [link] [comments]

    Leaked image from the upcoming episode of the Mandalorian

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:11 AM PST

    Loot from 3 hrs of wintertote

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:27 PM PST

    Str8 up

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:18 AM PST

    [Suggestion] If a player receives a pet that they already own, they receive a token good for one free pet reclaim from Probita

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:03 AM PST

    Getting 99 cooking with a pizza, while making pizza.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:16 PM PST

    I am Ceio, the pmod who muted Trainer Bad

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:16 AM PST

    This post is in response to this thread and is my personal response to the situation which arose.

    As the title states, I am Ceio, that is my in-game alias and as the tweet in that post states, my personal account, not my professional one.

    However, who I actually am is Christopher. The person who currently has a job at Jagex as a Junior Content Developer, you may know me as JagexHusky.

    So what's the distinction? Why am I starting like this?

    Well, quite frankly, I believe that there should be a separation in different identities at different times in the day.

    During my working day, 9-5 I am JagexHusky and I have my own professional channels to communicate with you, the players.

    During my non-working time I am Christopher. The man who has a loving girlfriend, amazing dog, loves to watch anime, play computer games and DM for a dungeons and dragons game every other week.

    During my time playing oldschool runescape I am Ceio, a player who has played this game for a long time and is currently a player moderator.

    So, now on to the action itself which people think is an outrage. I logged in to a world and saw that the player in question was always only attacking dust devils which another player was attacking. I must state that, he wasn't actually ever attacking any of the creatures that I was attacking.

    As I was annoyed at the situation personally I questioned his actions to which his response was "My World" so I took the action I did and reported him for disruptive behavior and muted him. This... Is where I was wrong. This is like taking action for someone for punching someone else and not knowing whether or not they were punched first. I was quick to judge instead of spending time finding out what happened. Which goes to show that I honestly shouldn't be a PMod and I don't want to de-merit the name of a lot of the other genuine pmods who try to help the community, infact as of writing this I am in the process of deactivating my pmod status from my account. To that, all I can say is that I am sorry to Trainer Bad, I still disagree with your response to do what you did but I too am guilty of that, as outlined in this response.

    So here's a bigger issue I'd like to discuss which is the separation of these personas. If I am asking you to hold each one accountable for their own actions, why is there so much overlap between them?

    When I am JagexHusky I make sure to act as professionally as I can and it is absolutely fair that my actions in that role are judged by you the community.

    When I am Ceio I am trying to escape from reality and just enjoy the game. That means from all real life problems including using it to escape from the stress of work, I'm sure many of you can relate to this. However, Ceio only got Pmod because I was JagexHusky and that I believe was a huge mistake. If I want to separate them entirely then the actions of one shouldn't impact the actions of another especially because I know that in my personal time I just want to enjoy the game, I don't want to be dragged down with filtering what I can and can't say to people.

    I find myself constantly in my free time doing work for this game which I shouldn't be, whether that is staying back late or talking with content creators or even replying to you all on reddit on my JagexHusky account and... that's wrong. I shouldn't be doing this, I am so incredibly passionate about this game and my job but if I go too far I am scared that passion would die out which if I continue to do more of this and don't separate my professional life from my personal one. I'm also worried that this passion for developing the game itself could over-run and affect my relationship with my loving girlfriend.

    One option I've considered is to move to another game in my spare time, to not play oldschool runescape... but I honestly love this game, I always have and I don't want to leave it behind. It's the reason why I moved myself, my partner and my dog to the other side of the country to do a job that I love so very much.

    Moving forward I will do my utmost to get better at this and I hope that you, the community can understand. I know that some of you are not going to understand what I mean and just say "you're the same person it doesn't matter" and that's fine. Those of you who do understand, thanks for letting me reach out and speak heart to heart. Also, thanks to anyone who spent the time to read this.

    submitted by /u/ceio
    [link] [comments]

    Jmods playing a joke on players that have the quest items on them

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:34 AM PST

    Giving back to the F2P noobs

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:48 AM PST

    someone told him to burst nechreals, but not where lmao

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:59 PM PST

    It really do be like that sometimes.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:29 PM PST

    Loot from doing wilderness elites

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:41 AM PST

    FO’ CHISEL MY NIZZLE

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:54 AM PST

    Not as cool as the RC guy, but 200m farming on (almost) entirely tithe farm + grapes

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:14 AM PST

    I've been sat here smiling like a fucking idiot for the past 15 minutes

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:29 AM PST

    a moment of silence for granma please...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:10 PM PST

    the cold of the wintertodt seeps your patience

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:07 PM PST

    me going into Tears of Guthix for the first time as a kid n lookin at the tear streams spazz out

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:37 AM PST

    //// LMA000000

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:08 AM PST

    96-99 Range using China

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:38 AM PST

    Hi guys, just wondering how much it's gonna cost using Chins in MM2 spot from 96-99 range?

    Will probably use grey chins to be honest.

    Just wanna know how much I need before I start.

    submitted by /u/bonjajr
    [link] [comments]

    [Suggestion] Only allow 2 instead of 3 people in a Tithe instance

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:14 AM PST

    My suggestion is pretty simple. Why would the 2 people instead of 3 people restriction be better? Well, that's pretty simple as well: There are only workspaces for 2!

    Pros:

    • No more hopping.
    • No more waiting.
    • No more people stealing workspaces (!)
    • Much more fun doing the minigame.

    Just got crashed again. Now I can't enter an empty instance, getting dropped in an occupied one again... Jagex, please fix this.

    submitted by /u/Karma-fox
    [link] [comments]

    Main btw

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:04 PM PST

    F

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:05 AM PST

    A good friend left me with a tbow and suicide note. Jagex please contact me for the info I have on him.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:43 AM PST

    As the headline states

    submitted by /u/kekfuckshitthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment