• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Old School RuneScape: Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!


    Have a question about the game or the subreddit? Ask away!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Daily /r/2007scape question thread for Thursday, October 8 2020 (posted on 00:07:21 UTC - RuneScape server time)

    Ask anything about Old School RuneScape here! They are designated for you to ask anything you like that is relevant to the game or this subreddit. Remain respectful to your fellow 'scapers when answering questions; there are stupid questions, but it does not mean you should not be respectful whilst answering them.

    Click here to view the archive of /r/2007scape "ask anything" threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Leagues II - Trailblazer Areas

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Finally maxed after 2 years of playing

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    420m total exp in style

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    [Suggestion] Bring some activity back to the Burthorpe Games Room by deleting everything else

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    Off brand fashionscape 101

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    Classic

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    [Suggestion] Why not do this to combat people dying to DC's?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    The Hot Seat

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    Give the melee tutor an integrity change

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    Since Jagex is adding VLS despite poll results, I have a suggestion to balance Ranged PvP

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    I painted fan art of Nieve! :D

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Account recovered for 6.5B

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    Last Saturday my main (Oblv Cow) was recovered while I was logged on. I got dced mid raid and when I tried to log back in it said my account was disabled due to suspicious activity. It took an hour and a half for my recovery request to go through, but in the mean time the hijacker managed to get a successful recovery request and log on in under 5-10 minutes. New password/email/auth. I sent the request from the IP I play on every day, and included the very first password I ever used on the account as well as the transaction ID for my very first membership payment all the way back over a decade ago. Neither of these bits of information are contained in my recovery email. Somehow the hijacker's request went through significantly faster than mine. The hijacker got straight through my pin and set a completely new one that I'm still waiting on to be removed.

    I honestly have no idea how this happened. I have a secure, separate, and unique password/2fa on my rs account and recovery email that aren't used for any other sites. I checked recent activity on my recovery email (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/45938?hl=en) and there were no logins to my recovery email. I didn't receive any communications to that email at all to indicate my account was being recovered. Nothing popped up on a virus scan, didn't receive any phising emails, nothing. I reuse my bank pin for other things, but as far as I can tell, it hasn't been leaked anywhere from any database that I can find.

    I understand that Jagex doesn't return lost items or anything of that sort, but at this point I can't feel comfortable playing that account anymore. If they have enough information to recover my account through the automated recovery process, they can access my account again whenever they want to. Jagex also doesn't even have any way to contact there support team for me to understand how this happened or if there's anything I can do to prevent this from happening again. It's honestly a joke. Doubt this reddit post will get any traction besides people saying I RWTd/bought the account/got phished/whatever, but it doesn't seem like there's any other avenue to get support on issues like these.

    Edit: If a JMod does end up seeing this, please reach out and help me with this. As it stands I can't feel comfortable playing on this account anymore. Some assistance like allowing me to change my login username or harden the recovery process for my account would be greatly appreciated.

    Edit2: Well this thread went to shit overnight. Work day is almost over in the UK, so it looks like I'm not gonna hear anything from Jagex about this. I didn't RWT/Account Share/Buy my account/Click on a phishing link or any other nonsense like that. I was targeted and recovered. I'm sure I probably messed up in some way I don't know about. The account is over a decade old and I made it when I was in grade school. My main issue here is that I've been a customer for that long and I have absolutely no way to talk to a real person at Jagex to secure my account so I can continue playing it. You can tell me I'm stupid or a liar or get mad at Oblivion, but it's bullshit that you can put this much time into the game and have no way to talk to a real person when something like this happens to you.

    submitted by /u/rsthrowaway247
    [link] [comments]

    When you live in Alabama and your drunk father enters the room

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    Still out here hoping for TOB pet transmog. Could be tied to challenges (fast completion time in each room unlocks respective transmog)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    These were the days

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    Ranarr thought: The fact that the first creature you kill in RuneScape is a caged rat is actually deeply symbolic. It represents you killing yourself and escaping the meaningless corporate rat race that society has attempted to imprison you in and moving on to the fantasy land of Gielinor.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Think about it.

    submitted by /u/EveningUnit
    [link] [comments]

    Just a super restore and his sara bro

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    My brother thought you guys might like this.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    There’s one in every clan

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    Guess Again

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Nice

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Does Jagex not realize that the loss of good faith in the polling system outweighs benefiting a few current VLS owners?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    I get that right now they're looking at an item they shoehorned in and how the people who currently own one feel like they have little use...but so what? The benefit in updating this weapon for that sake is greatly outweighed by the downsides, in my opinion.

    Bad enough it was polled multiple times and forced in regardless. Take the "L" on this one Jagex and just let it (and the item) die.

    submitted by /u/Relleck_ENI
    [link] [comments]

    Adding VLS on PVP worlds be like:

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    I Remade Varrock's Medieval with Real Instruments

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Bot farms be like

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment